Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freed

Jan 4, 2003
Northern Singapore
www.pddesignstudio.com
Hi,

I am looking to replace my 8 yr-old cheap Tokina 28-80mm, f3.5-5.6.

I have several lenses in mind.

Maybe you all can help me out with ur opinions and experiences.

I created a poll.

Hope you all can not only vote, but also share with me ur experiences with any of the lens. Anyway, budget around $600 + -

I am using a old F70, so no Nikon G lenses for me. :(

For your budget, I will choose the Nikkor 28-105, knowing that I am biased towards Nikon vs the 3rd party lens.
I have seen photos taken by the Nikkor 28-105, and was amazed at the sharpness and contrast it captured. If you are shooting people/portrait/still life, this lens can produce good quality image at the centre, maybe slightly soft at the corner but that is not important. If you are shooting scenery, you can keep the aperture number to be small to get good quality image as well.
Moreover, it is a Nikon, and you can always get good service at Nikon Singapore.

Originally posted by Astin
For your budget, I will choose the Nikkor 28-105, knowing that I am biased towards Nikon vs the 3rd party lens.
I have seen photos taken by the Nikkor 28-105, and was amazed at the sharpness and contrast it captured. If you are shooting people/portrait/still life, this lens can produce good quality image at the centre, maybe slightly soft at the corner but that is not important. If you are shooting scenery, you can keep the aperture number to be small to get good quality image as well.
Moreover, it is a Nikon, and you can always get good service at Nikon Singapore.

agreed with him! i own this lens & it never fail me once!
don go for 28-135. the zoom is too wide . image tends to suffer. not even the nikon orginal (discontuined for this range) 28-105 is still better if u compare them -nikon to nikon

Thanks folks.

More opinions?

I myself is quite torn between this 2. Nikon 28-105 and Tokina 28-70, f2.8.

Will a Nikon lens really be much sharper? Or should I just go for the 2.8 aperture?

Consider the Tokina 28-70 or 28-80 f2.8s.

They are rated 2nd only to the Nikon AFS 28-70 by some people and the f2.8 aperture really helps in low light situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.