Advice Tips Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtm78

Feb 7, 2009
I am helping to cover an event, Theatre show.. I have no experience in Theatre events.. and I can't use flash. and my equipment is not really suitable for indoor shoots.

Any tips for me on the settings?

shoot RAW, bump up the ISO.
-you got any fast lens?
-how far will you be?

If people not fussy about quality of picture... Use ISO 400 ~ 800, LARGEST POSSIBLE Aperture, Set to A Mode... Shoot....

No pay involved I hope. If there is.. you need crash course and some good friends to help you out with Lens Loans.

Cheers!

if you are being called to do for free, tell the person dont expect too much.

either the person pays the rental for better equipment, hires a fulltime photographer or allow you to bring in a second photographer.

just what kind of performance is it? best if you could attend a rehearsal to see how the lighting is and take down notes on important parts.

no pay one.. helping a friend, her final year sch drama.. and i am rushing over after work.. no time for rehearsal.. that why need your help dude...

I have always been on manual mode.. how does aperature mode work??

highest iso you dare
biggest aperture
slowest shutter speed you can hand hold
fastest lens you have
shoot in raw

do test shot first

good luck

no pay one.. helping a friend, her final year sch drama.. and i am rushing over after work.. no time for rehearsal.. that why need your help dude...

I have always been on manual mode.. how does aperature mode work??
there is actually no strict methods for camera settings. Have to see and adapt to the changes. I think easier if you put down the location and time so that if any experienced shooters who are nearby can help.

hope u got a pair of stable and vibration free arms!

like what a few previous posters mentioned; get the lens with the biggest possible aperture. i guess around 1.4-1.8 would be good enough... and bump the ISO to 800... a good compromise bwt performance and quality... :)

Monopod might help a little.

I suspect you won't be too far, so try not to zoom in too much (assuming you're using a tele-lens).

Manual mode maybe a stretch as you'll need to keep making adjustments to the settings. Suggest using A-mode and adjust the aperture according to light availability.

easy!
just set ur dial to P and just play around with ur WB n ISO!;)

And if your auto exposure is fooled by tricky light, then you'll really have to say "don't expect much".

I am helping to cover an event, Theatre show.. I have no experience in Theatre events.. and I can't use flash. and my equipment is not really suitable for indoor shoots.

Any tips for me on the settings?

What equipment do you have in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.