Advice sought for good flash EOS400D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny05

Oct 2, 2006
Hi,

Need some advice on the flash models that are compatible AND good for Canon EOS400D. I tried my old Achiever model, the camera doesn't recognize that there is a flash mounted! BUT for EOS30D which my friend tried, the camera can recognize!

Also any suggestions which shop to buy the flash with warranty for a reasonable price?

Anybody tried to get Flash through online stores from USA? Recently I found the price of Canon 580EX to be around USD385 (~615SGD). But not sure if they will ship it here or if they have warranty?

Locally it is around SGD950 >> BIG differece from USA stores!!

Thanks..

the sigma 500 super is quite a bargain buy at $380. similar specs to the 550EX. the 580ex should be around $680. where did u get $950 from? :think:

580ex $710

get if from oracle.

the two main ones in the market - would either be the 430/580ex speedlites or alternatively the sigma 500 DG super. as someone said. its very good value for money. shot to shot not as fast as the speedlites, and the menu system is a bit more complex... but its almost half the price of the 580 for about the same power.

Hmmmm well personally I'ved used both 580ex and Sigma 500 DG Super.. Shot alot in clubs. In the end I stuck with the sigma. It's alot more consistent under tough lighting, where you have black shirts white faces, or indians with white shirts, or white people with white shirts, etc. Maybe you don't believe me, but it's really alot more reliable, output wise. I don't understand why though. That said, build isn't that great, but that's never a major issue for me.

the sigma 500 super is quite a bargain buy at $380. similar specs to the 550EX. the 580ex should be around $680. where did u get $950 from? :think:

Thanks for the tip. I got the price from Canon website (suggested price). Happy to note that I can get it cheaper. Will try Sigma first before deciding on Canon. My main consideration is the output performance..

580ex $710

get if from oracle.

Can you let me know where is Oracle? Thanks.

BTW, is STOFEN omnibounce (sorry if i mispelled) worth it? IF so can I get it in the same shop?

Thanks a ton for the overwhelming response. Will give Sigma a serious try.

Hi bro,

If you've got a lesser budget, you could try the older brother of the 580ex which is the 550ex. It's as good as the 580ex and cheaper. :)

Hi,

I also just bought 400D. Congrats! :)

I have a seldom used 550ex for sale. You want?

Status
Not open for further replies.