Advice on XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
getting a xbox for my leisure....

any advice on online gaming?

yesterday went to Sim Lim Square and ask abt the set and its modification.

When I asked abt modification, all says no...asking abt price and availability all the shops on level 1 told me out of stock.
Didn't know that Xbox is so popular nowadays... :bsmilie:

It's illegal for shops to do mods now.

come to malaysia...hehe...mods are standard outfits..:p

BurgaFlippinMan said:
come to malaysia...hehe...mods are standard outfits..:p

haha....roger...Thks anyway.

still thinking should i get ps2 or xbox?

It depends on what kind of game you like to play. Basically you have 3 choices:
1. Xbox --> if you like 1st person shooter, this system accomodate that needs the best. The rest of the gene won't really have many nice games around. The killer app. would be HALO and HALO 2.
2. PS2 --> Universal system, bascially the system can handle most type of the game but ensure your system can play US games, unless you understand Jap. Killer app. would be final fantazy franchise, Dragon Quest Franchise, Metal Gear Solid Franchise. :)
3. Nintendo Gamecube --> Most of the game are for family, kiddy image. A few big franchises incl. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon and Starfox. If you have kids, this would be the best choice. :)

Hehehe... for me I have all 3 consoles. ;)

Hope this help.

hstn_asia said:
It depends on what kind of game you like to play. Basically you have 3 choices:
1. Xbox --> if you like 1st person shooter, this system accomodate that needs the best. The rest of the gene won't really have many nice games around. The killer app. would be HALO and HALO 2.
2. PS2 --> Universal system, bascially the system can handle most type of the game but ensure your system can play US games, unless you understand Jap. Killer app. would be final fantazy franchise, Dragon Quest Franchise, Metal Gear Solid Franchise. :)
3. Nintendo Gamecube --> Most of the game are for family, kiddy image. A few big franchises incl. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon and Starfox. If you have kids, this would be the best choice. :)

Hehehe... for me I have all 3 consoles. ;)

Hope this help.

Thanks for ur reply. Gamecube is out....lack of games.the only game i like is Resident evil zero.

I play rpg and strategy games most. PS 2 will suits me most but it can't play online leh...

Adam Goi said:
If you're not in a hurry ... wait.

I'm waiting for PS3 ... ;)

Oooh, PS3....me too.

Last rumor i heard...its not coming this year.
Most likely 2006.

This year appears to be the Year of the PSP.
Darn and its still not in SG yet. only parallel imports that costs insanely high price compared to the MSRP.

The new copy right law in 1st Jan 2005...makes modding PS2 and Xbox illegal

including the sale of the "chip" for the mod.

But I do believe its available "under the table" in a lot of places.
Just dont ask over the counter in SLS or shopping centers.

But I have some people telling me that MOD-ED Xbox cannot play Xbox Live! and that the MAC address of the Xbox will be banned when they detect the mod chip on the set.

Same for PS2 too for people playing FFXI online, I heard...dunno if its true.

i only use PS2 to play winning eleven.. now its out on xbox.. hmm..
haha.. dun think i will touch my ps2 anymore.

1 question how can one use xbox to watch divx movies? that will be the main reason for me to buy xbox..instead of buying a divx player..

Winston said:
Oooh, PS3....me too.

Last rumor i heard...its not coming this year.
Most likely 2006.

This year appears to be the Year of the PSP.
Darn and its still not in SG yet. only parallel imports that costs insanely high price compared to the MSRP.
Heard the latest rumours saying that the Microsoft will be announcing their Xbox360 in May 2005.....

Any idea on how you can download the divx movies into the Xbox? I am using a mac. Hopefully someone can show me the way. Thanks.

Winston said:
But I have some people telling me that MOD-ED Xbox cannot play Xbox Live! and that the MAC address of the Xbox will be banned when they detect the mod chip on the set.

Same for PS2 too for people playing FFXI online, I heard...dunno if its true.

yup, modded xboxes won't be able to hook to "Live" and neither will chipped PS2 be able to hook up to online games.

dextorian said:
Any idea on how you can download the divx movies into the Xbox? I am using a mac. Hopefully someone can show me the way. Thanks.

for modded boxes, via ftp to the hdd. or burn your movies to CD/DVD.

first of all, is your box modded ? if yes, find out what chip, then go google for its manual

caseytan said:
first of all, is your box modded ? if yes, find out what chip, then go google for its manual

Thanks for all replies! i already made up my mind which to buy. This thread had served its purpose and shall be closed.

Since we had quite a number of xboxers here, perhaps we can play online game together :)

Fatal frame can play online? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.