Advice on which camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

doranlum

Sep 22, 2008
hi everyone, will be renting a camera tml and would need your advise on which one should i take. I'm been using normal compact camera and will be renting a better camera tml as will be going F1 ..

SHould I get 40D or D200 or 350D or 400D or Canon 5d ? I guess i should get one which is easy for a newbie to use as might not have much time to play around with it.

LX3, switch to IA mode. hehe

from the list.. i'd say 40d or d200.. better suited for the fast AF you'll need.. don't forget about the lens too..

better rent a f2.8 zoom lens as well.
why do you need FF for sport shoot ?

You would want something that has high FPS and low noise levels at high ISOs. A Canon 40D or Nikon D300 with MB-D10 with fast lens would be nice.

Anything but the Nikon D200, there's a steep learning curve to it, for those unfamilar with DSLR settings, things may go awry or worse, may waste your time. Owned it before.
400/450D Will do just fine, simple and powerful and the cheapest, 40D doesn't fair too far off but unless you're into more creative stint or into lower lighting, you should stick to the basic one. Take the 5D only if you're planning to take pics in low light where iso 800 and above and a clean pic is what you're aftering (usually for portraits and weddings) indoors like hotels, cellars, etc.
Had my hands on all the models above.

quite a bit of homework for u to do before going for the F1.

how about trying out a camera which you feel like getting in the near future? :think::bsmilie:

guess tonight i have a lot to read up ... thanks so much for all your kind advice ....

hmmm what are the things I should check when collecting the rented camera ?

my last 2 choice would be either 40D with 17-40f4 or 17-55 f2.8 ....... or 400d with 70 200f4L IS ..... hmmm

Last edited:
hi everyone, will be renting a camera tml and would need your advise on which one should i take. I'm been using normal compact camera and will be renting a better camera tml as will be going F1 ..

SHould I get 40D or D200 or 350D or 400D or Canon 5d ? I guess i should get one which is easy for a newbie to use as might not have much time to play around with it.

Frankly, the lens you bringing for the DSLR is more impt than the body ;). We're talking about FAST.....unless you have budget for 1D Mark III :D

Status
Not open for further replies.