Advice on what lens to use for ROM shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trenyi

Dec 10, 2004
North
trenyi.blogspot.com
hi,

Anyone can give advice on what lens will be suitable for shooting during ROM as i will be taking one tomorrow so i will appreciate if anyone here can give some useful advice for example during the signing of the documents in the room and also outside.:think: Thanks

I would use a WA glass.

But it's too late now, you should use whatever glass you're comfortable with because if you use a new glass now, and you don't understand the capabilities of the glass you will not achieve your goal.

Cheers.

A range from 24mm to 70mm (after multiple by 1.6x, 1.5x or 1.3x) would be better choice.

A 28-70mm range is sufficient for most weddings, be it solemnization or church ceremony. Get a good one and it should be able to handle your macro duties as well.

Currently i only have a 70-200mm f2.8/f4 L lens, 135mm L lens, 50mm f1.8 lens, 100mm f2.8 macro,75-300mm, 17-40mm L lens, will any of these lens be sufficent for it.Also btw wats a WA glass care to explain espn.

trenyi said:
Currently i only have a 70-200mm f2.8/f4 L lens, 135mm L lens, 50mm f1.8 lens, 100mm f2.8 macro,75-300mm, 17-40mm L lens, will any of these lens be sufficent for it.Also btw wats a WA glass care to explain espn.

WA = wide-angle

Wow seems like you have quite a no. of lens man! :bigeyes:

Anyway WA i guess should be Wide Angle. Your 17-40mm lens should be gd enough I think.

;)

thanks a lot guys for the fast reply on my queries.appreicate it man.Thanks a lot also to nightwolf and ozora for telling me wat WA means.

trenyi said:

you have such an arsenal of lens. shld make gd use of it :think: .

17-40mm with a flashgun will help u cover the ROM.

U can also bring along 100mm f2.8 macro to take close up of the wedding rings, marriage certs... a dash of rose pedals on the cert with the rings on it will give a wonderful effect.
my 2-cent thought :)

Go with the 17-40mm f/4L and an external flash. You should do fine.

Use a wide angle zoom, like the Canon 17-40 L. But if you're first time doing, do be careful. Let the couple know first you're a first-timer.

Have fun!

wah bianz such a good arsenal liao... haha u dun need a nuke to destroy singapore. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.