Advice on tripod

spree86

Feb 3, 2009
Bishan
www.flickr.com
Hi, I am looking for a good tripod and ball head, not top-of-the-line because budget is an issue, just a decent one that functions well:)
My budget is around $300-350 in total, can anyone give me advice on what to get?
I appreciate any input, thanks!!!

Hi, I am looking for a good tripod and ball head, not top-of-the-line because budget is an issue, just a decent one that functions well:)
My budget is around $300-350 in total, can anyone give me advice on what to get?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384016

Go into a store like CP or TK and take a look. There is a very wide range you can look at.

For your budget range, look at brands like Benro, Sirui, Velbon and Manfrotto for a start.

Carbon fiber ones should be out of your budget. So look for aluminum ones. Remember to consider the prices for both the tripod and the ballhead.

SIRUI from TK is within your budget. Check it out. It effectively replaced my Manfrotto which I am trying to sell away now.

check the total weight of the tripod + ball head before you decide on whether to buy or not. If it is too heavy to your liking, most probably you will leave it at home instead.

and try to get the last leg that is not too thin.