Advice on tripod!!

Roboflame

Sep 20, 2010
Australia
I want to buy a tripod for travel and landscapes shoot. May be sometime night portrait.

Could you all advice me which one to get? My budget is not more than 200. It will be better if I get ball head together.

Which shop should I buy? Is it fotopro tripod is really good?

Thank You .

The tripod you want to get is dependant on the weight of your setup... If going by the assumption that you are using a Entry DSLR + 18-55 (or 17-50)

I would personally go for Sirui... I'm currently using the T1004X, so far so good. Currently this tripod with BH, cost ~169. Check out TK website for more tripod pricelist..

hmmm if u have yet to use the search function for tripods and waiting for answers then some seniors will give you 'friendly' advices.

Sirui tripods --> Tk foto @ funan

Benro tripods --> Benphoto @ pennisula

You have to try for yourself different people different needs and taste.

I want to buy a tripod for travel and landscapes shoot. May be sometime night portrait.

Could you all advice me which one to get? My budget is not more than 200. It will be better if I get ball head together.

Which shop should I buy? Is it fotopro tripod is really good?

Thank You .

We even have stickies about buying tripods, that's how common your question is. Plus about 500 similar threads. Please DO NOT disrespect all the effort others have put into answering this question already and use the search or open your eyes to see the sticky.

Surprisingly my benro has lasted me 5 years + still going strong. Bring overseas with no worries cause I got it cheap long long ago.

My Slik Pro 400DX that I got has been working fine all these years. Come to think of it, it has been 6 years already!

Well TS... u need to answer these few questions first,

1) What is the maximum setup weight of your equipment (Camera body+lens+add on accessories such as battery grip, external flash, etc), are you going to buy heavier lenses and equipment in forseeable future?
2) What is your choice in tripod head - ballhead, gimbal, level head, etc
3) What is your height and what is the comfortable working height you would want your tripod + tripod head to be (this can be crucial, trust me).
4) Do you mind the heavier tripod or die die need something light (aluminium vs carbon fibre)
5) What is your budget?
6) Are you brand conscious (many people are, some die die need to have a Manfrotto or Gitzo, others use any tripod that suits their needs)

So without answering any of the abovementioned, you can buy the tripod, then later either outgrow it, got tire of it or the tripod don't suits your purpose at all and no one could answer those question for you.

By the way, I was using the Sirui for a two years, before biting the bullet and got myself a Gitzo.... please note that the Sirui is still working fine, it is just that I wanted a Gitzo (call me brand conscious or what, I don't care :) )

TS: Do take your time and read through the entire sections of this forum. You can be sure that the more basic your question is the higher the chance it has been asked and answered already. For such Frequently Asked Questions we have the respective threads made sticky. Do yourself a favour and put efforts in.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/others/384016-basic-guidelines-selection-tripod-tripod-head.html

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thank you for your great advice. And so sorry I didn't search in the forum first for my question.

From your forum advice, I went down to TK photo to look for manfrotto and sirui tripod. Then, I found one of the sirui tripod is really great and feel good for me.

I tried to find other stores too. But I went to TK photo and bought sirui tripod. T1204. Really Nice and Great for me to use landscape and travel.

Thank you all.