advice on this lens

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/SIGMA-400mm-...ViewItem&pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item35aa2fd287

been eying on this lens, seeing its cheap and has quote a fast aperture. has AF too. yet i dun kinda get it wad the seller is saying:think:

can someone help me decode it?

then i need some help on these matters

1: can it work with eos mount?
2: does AF work if its eos mount?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/SIGMA-400mm-...ViewItem&pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item35aa2fd287

been eying on this lens, seeing its cheap and has quote a fast aperture. has AF too. yet i dun kinda get it wad the seller is saying:think:

can someone help me decode it?

then i need some help on these matters

1: can it work with eos mount?
2: does AF work if its eos mount?

From what I read it seems like it has problems working with Canon digital cams, but works well on Canon film cameras...

From what I read it seems like it has problems working with Canon digital cams, but works well on Canon film cameras...

yea. tahts why i'm worried. wonder if i buy liao then bring down to lets say camera hospital to service... will it help?:sweat:

lol..you still havent give up to get THE lens? :D
happy hunting...

lol..you still havent give up to get THE lens? :D
happy hunting...

yep. slowly hunt!:thumbsup: good things must slowly wait. i'm an opportunitist.

maybe got time go down sungei road see if can grab a good decent lens, send for repair then ownself use.:thumbsup:

yep. slowly hunt!:thumbsup: good things must slowly wait. i'm an opportunitist.

maybe got time go down sungei road see if can grab a good decent lens, send for repair then ownself use.:thumbsup:

Careful later the repairman break the lens and ask u buy new one :bsmilie:

Older Sigma lenses may not be compatible with newer digital bodies.

It's to do with the computer chip in the lens.

Ask the seller for the serial number of the lens, and then check with Sigma Singapore if the lens can be re-chipped. Be sure to tell them what camera body you are using.

If can, you would likely not have problems, unless the chips produced for this particular lens is only good for up to a certain series of cameras.

If cannot, it's best not to get as the lens may not be functional at all on your digital body.

Older Sigma lenses may not be compatible with newer digital bodies.

It's to do with the computer chip in the lens.

Ask the seller for the serial number of the lens, and then check with Sigma Singapore if the lens can be re-chipped. Be sure to tell them what camera body you are using.

If can, you would likely not have problems, unless the chips produced for this particular lens is only good for up to a certain series of cameras.

If cannot, it's best not to get as the lens may not be functional at all on your digital body.

okkies noted. i'm under aged so i cant sign up:angry:

u needa be 18. damn it just 6 more months.:sweat:

Get someone who has an account to handle queries/transactions for you. :)

hi toking about sungei road, lolx one clubnsapper brought me there and have a look. once in while really got good buy man. not in good condition, but useable lah, some cost onli 10 bucks. he always go there to hunt for prime lens. he says the made is better.

hi toking about sungei road, lolx one clubnsapper brought me there and have a look. once in while really got good buy man. not in good condition, but useable lah, some cost onli 10 bucks. he always go there to hunt for prime lens. he says the made is better.

well. if tmr i got time i will drop by to sungei road too:thumbsup: wanted to go last sun. but no time

"it does tend to error out when used on a digital camera but functions perfectly on the film camera."

I believe the start bid price is reasonable. I think you should drop message to seller and check with him the exact problem. Coz in this way, you can understand better what is the "error out" and also to check if his response is prompt enough to place you $ on him...

"it does tend to error out when used on a digital camera but functions perfectly on the film camera."

I believe the start bid price is reasonable. I think you should drop message to seller and check with him the exact problem. Coz in this way, you can understand better what is the "error out" and also to check if his response is prompt enough to place you $ on him...
okies:thumbsup:

Can let us know where is this place in sungei road ?
I also like to go hunting for used lens.

cheers

noted. gonna drop down there tmr

Drop down or drop by? If drop down I go there shoot :bsmilie:

Good luck finding ur lens though! :) May drop by there next time (sometime after my exams) to hunt for some old lenses

Drop down or drop by? If drop down I go there shoot :bsmilie:

Good luck finding ur lens though! :) May drop by there next time (sometime after my exams) to hunt for some old lenses

ok dropped there today. came back all sweaty.

i gotta say, most of the lenses are horrifying. cracks, dust, fungus. u name the damages, they have it.

yet i do fnid a few rare beauties. sad it wont work on a eos mount. perhaps minolta users can try. nikon also

the one that caught my eye was a cosina 80-200 f4.5. (i cant remember the specs exactly. its a rough memory)

very well conditioned, no cracks, got filter etc etc. smooth push pull zoom and smooth focus.

40 bucks he gave me offer. i havent bargain with that guy yet:angel: