advice on the cost of new tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Hi guys,

I had created a sticky on "basic guidelines on selection of tripod and tripod head" in "newbies corner".

It will be of a great help to newbies if more info on the different tripod & tripod head (cost, weight, capacity, height w/o centre column extend) are easily avialable.

As such, I will appreciate if those who bought tripod or tripod head recently can provide us the cost. Its ok if you are unsure regarding the spec. I will look up myself.

For more detail on what this is about, pls visit the sticky. Thanks.

RGDs
D.K.

ayo, no body buy buy buy :cry: ?

that case, how agout those who bought theirs last 2 months, no need to state where you buy from, just the price ok ;) ?

Thanks Joko1974, but I will need the brand & model of the tripod & tripod head.

This is because I will need to put in the specification like capacity, height, weight.

It was Steinzeiser SZ-6101 (I don't see any code of the tripod and head, only got the type from the box). Weight abt 2.5 kg, height max with extended center column: 1.42 m. I do not know the load capacity, I use it for my Pentax MZ6 with Tamron 70-300mm.

cant find the specification for the tripod lay. Can someone pls help me. Thanks.

How about just prices quoted by shop only but never buy?

good effort deniskee :thumbsup: i bought my ballhead about a year ago from a fellow CS memeber and my silk tripod is hand-me-down from dad. Who remembers Silk having a 'crown' as their company logo?

slik u8000 @ $63 from cathay. including carrying case. bought this about one month ago.

denniskee said:
that will do too.

Ok here you go, below are the prices I gotten few weeks ago
but I ended getting a used one:

Manfrotto 190PROB Tripod:
CP $150
AP $139

Manfrotto 486RC2 Ball Head:
CP $85
AP $75

Manfrotto 322RC2 Grip Action Ball Head:
CP $165

Manfrotto 390B :
CP $100 (no ready stock, need to place order)

Optech Tripod Strap $30 at CP.
Tripod Strap $25 at TCW (Look like Optech, forgotten what brand).

Slik U6600:
MS Color $40 (without bag)
CP $45 (without bag)
Slik Tripod Bag for U6600 $10

SLIK Pro II - arnd $450 (can't rem the price ... bought few mths back)

guys, pls give some feedback to improve on the sticky.

So far there is one request to include mono-pod. I looking into it. May include of pictures to show how to use the mono-pod "properly".

denniskee said:
No body bought tripod or tripod head recently :dunno:
Hi, bought a tripod (without head) last weekend.
SLIK CARBON FIBER TRIPOD PRO 613 CF = $370nett

denniskee said:
guys, pls give some feedback to improve on the sticky.

So far there is one request to include mono-pod. I looking into it. May include of pictures to show how to use the mono-pod "properly".

at the same time can attach some pics to show how to effectively use monopod as a weapon.... :)

Got this about 1/2 year ago from CP, so the prices may have changed a bit:

Gitzo 1228 (CF) = $600

Markins M-10 ballhead = $550

Good effort hazekang

Gitzo 1228 (CF) = SG$825 from CP

Status
Not open for further replies.