Advice on send lens by mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefern

Sep 25, 2003
04号179室
I’m dealing with a guy from Msia. Anyone have experience send your Lens to m’sia? how much is the postage? how safe is it? :think:

might want to pack your lens in bubble wrap...or use the original box...

best is bubble wrap, and lots of it. even with the original case, use the wrap to prevent it from moving around.

I’m dealing with a guy from Msia. Anyone have experience send your Lens to m’sia? how much is the postage? how safe is it? :think:
Use a reputable courier like DHL, Fedex or UPS. If you send through the mail it might just somehow get lost or will take ages to get to the destination even if it's registered.

Use a reputable courier like DHL, Fedex or UPS. If you send through the mail it might just somehow get lost or will take ages to get to the destination even if it's registered.

yup agree. Both seller & buyer will be able to track where the package is. No way for the buyer to say never receive it.

pack it in it's original packaging, put in some selica gel
bubble wrap the original packaging and stick fragile sticker
inform the courier about contents.

har... even registered will get lost!? :sweat:

will check out the rate for other courier.. thanks for the advice guys.

For DHL and Fedex you can use the internet to track it all the way from pickup to customs clearance to courier warehouse till received by the recepient. If I am not wrong the rate should be about S$20+ for 1/2kg.(please check the rate to confirm).

har... even registered will get lost!? :sweat:

will check out the rate for other courier.. thanks for the advice guys.
Yes.. not so bad for singpost and US postal but in other countries, especially ulu, irresponsible and corrupt ones, these govt run postal services can be quite terrible.

Go for Fedex .. but then u need to hv a credit card , open a personal account and then u can start sending or recieving.

Don't use DHL ==> Delivery Halfway Lost :bsmilie: . Joking only hah... Nothing wrong with DHL ;) .

Check first, if from Malaysia to Singapore, Singapore's Custom will check and may ask you to pay GST if more than $200 (or maybe $400? I am not sure, IIRC).

Regards,
Arto.

normally the courier co will pay the GST first and you will have to pay the GST upon delivery. You don't have to go sg Customs to pay GST.

If you are a frequent user, do remember to ask for a discounted rate. If it is only a 1X deal, then don't bother to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.