Advice on Rechargeable Batt for 580EX

snapperBB

Sep 26, 2005
Upper Changi Road
Hi all, need advice on Rechargeable Batt, I have been using Sanyo 2300 sparingly for the last few years for my 580EX flash. Of late, the battery seems to have lost it's "performance",I am not too sure if it's a problem with the batt or charger.

Advice needed: Can I use any batt charger for these batteries, I have recently bought a GP charger from Challenger. If I were to get a new rechargeable batts now? Which would be a good investment?

Thank you in advance.:)

you can use different brand of battery chargers, as long the battery chargers is a match type,

good battery charger is a good investment, some able to charge independently, analyze and condition the batteries, option of fast and slow charging. it can last you for many years.

the rechargeable batteries you need to replace them every year of two, depends how often you use.
generally, good rechargeable batteries are more reliable, consistent performance, this is important if you are a heavy user.

After all these years of rechargeable batts, Powerex and such... I think Enelope is the best for me. It holds charge especially when you need to keep spares....

both eneloop or recyclo will do you good, i've used both and very satisfied with them though i find that with eneloop it recycle a very slight tad faster(just my feelings maybe) :D

Thanks to all...Really useful info to make my choice.

Cheers to the festive season!

i have sanyo 2700. cannot make it, cant seems to hold charge. before you know it, got to change to the spare batt (which is another set of sanyo 2700). but after a few burst of flash... gone!!

Now using Eneloop. so much better.:thumbsup:

I have 12 eneloop batteries and they are real good at holding charge even in cold countries.

SOFES said:
i have sanyo 2700. cannot make it, cant seems to hold charge. before you know it, got to change to the spare batt (which is another set of sanyo 2700). but after a few burst of flash... gone!!

Now using Eneloop. so much better.:thumbsup:

Yea the 2700mah really cmi