Advice on Macro Photography

This one is free; use a film cassette container.

DSC03227.jpg

DSC03954.jpg

Add plastic sheet if flash is still too powerful.

DSC03271.jpg

hmm, ok thanks for your feedback guys. But in the event that I would want to try out macro flashes, are there any 3rd party ones with reasonable build quality?
Probably looking at a price range of around 100 to 150 SGD? Or is this too cheap?

hmm, ok thanks for your feedback guys. But in the event that I would want to try out macro flashes, are there any 3rd party ones with reasonable build quality?
Probably looking at a price range of around 100 to 150 SGD? Or is this too cheap?

can go peninsula to look for one.. range is about $70-$130ish.. :) many many many.. just have to pick and choose which one you like better. :)

Hop on down to ARTWOKFOTO ;)

Get one that have variable power because you're shooting at very close proximity. You want to be able to reduce the power of the flash.

Here's another $10 option.

DSC06318.jpg
Hey I like that. I was thinking of using my pop up flash with the filter but never consider that extra 'padding' do you need that if you set the flash to lower power?

Hey I like that. I was thinking of using my pop up flash with the filter but never consider that extra 'padding' do you need that if you set the flash to lower power?

If you can manually control the output of the flash, just use the diffuser minus the additional diffusing material.

DSC00002-4.jpg

DSC00003-7.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, will give it a try this weekend! Here I come Mr & Miss insects