Advice on getting a PnS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykortik

Sep 21, 2006
Hi all, first post here.

I'm looking to get myself a Point and Shoot camera in the next couple of months.

I already have a Canon S1 IS, but it's too bulky to lug around if I'm going out with friends that kind of thing.

I'm looking for something with 6 megapixels and up, Ultra-compact or compact, with anti-shake cause I have shaky hands. Just 3x optical zoom is fine.

Budget maybe $600 or so, with another 200 for accessories.

I was looking hard at the Sony T10 until a couple of days ago when I saw the less than stellar review on dpreview. Ditto the rest of the T series(Bad indoor photos blahblahblah). Are Sony cameras that bad?

Is there anywhere I can get pricelists for Singapore shops?

And one more question. Can anybody clear up ISO for me? I've tried looking around Wikipedia and a few other sites but I'm still pretty much confused. An explanation fit for a moron, please, because I am one. :bsmilie:

sykortik said:
Hi all, first post here.

I was looking hard at the Sony T10 until a couple of days ago when I saw the less than stellar review on dpreview. Ditto the rest of the T series(Bad indoor photos blahblahblah). Are Sony cameras that bad?

Well, most ultra-compact cameras have small, weak built-in direct flash unit in the camera body. So when using it indoor, the camera tends to give underexposure flash pictures if the subject is out of the flash range or harsh effects if the subject is too near to the flash. But I know that most ultra-compact camera have no problem with the indoors that have bright even lightings. Anyway the Sony T10 & T30 look sleek and nice and easy to carry around too.

Thanks, guys.

ExplorerZ, I am a little confused. By the posting that link, are you telling me to take a look at the Panasonic LX2?

sykortik said:
Thanks, guys.

ExplorerZ, I am a little confused. By the posting that link, are you telling me to take a look at the Panasonic LX2?
yes. lx2 :thumbsup: new and around your budget at 600+ :devil:
and have a very special 16:9 resolution photo instead of the common 4:3 and 3:2
you can also shoot those at the other two ratio but not at the full 10MP :p

ExplorerZ said:
yes. lx2 :thumbsup: new and around your budget at 600+ :devil:

Wow. That was fast. Went to the toilet and back and a a reply already.

Alright, man. Thanks! I’ll go look it up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.