Advice on Fuji Service

Mr FroggyFog

Jul 5, 2019
Recently, I sent my Fuji XT3 camera ( which I purchased on April this year) for cleaning due to dust appearing in the image. The engineer at Fujifilm service center in Singapore told me it might be just dust particle so I left it at the service center for cleaning. After a week with no news, I called him and he told me the top glass of the sensor was scratched and required changing. It cost me about $139SGD as scratches are not part of warranty. I said go ahead as long as it will solve the problem.
After almost 2 weeks, I called the service center again to check about my camera status and finally it is done today. Then, I came down to the service center and surprisingly, the condition is worse than before. More dust stuck inside and he told me it was due to user's fault that the APSC sensor is exposed to the dust and he can't clean it. I am very disappointed with how the things is handled here. He just blamed the user for the repair he supposedly did (as he is the one dismantling the camera to replace the glass on top of the sensor) and now he told me that he might need to replace the whole APSC sensor cause of user's fault which won't be covered under warranty. After lengthy discussion, he told me he will check again and get back to me next week.

Anyone in this forum could give me advice? Is it really user's fault that the dust is stuck inside the APSC sensor (not the top glass)? And supposedly, dust inside the APSC sensor would be covered under warranty as Fuji themselves claimed XT3 is weather proof?

Sorry this dust issue happened as even earlier xt models are prone to get dust between glass and sensor judging from this article :
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4240830

This one about the cost and replacement of sensor bracket and cleaning..not sure about your particular case.

If you are sure you have checked or observed with magnification of the sensor that there is no scratch before sending camera in then go bang table and demand your consumer rights or kwai kwai pay for what the tech says need replacement.
Seems fuji had not thouroughly handle the manufacturing hickups...

Last edited:
Sorry this dust issue happened as even earlier xt models are prone to get dust between glass and sensor judging from this article :
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4240830

This one about the cost and replacement of sensor bracket and cleaning..not sure about your particular case.

If you are sure you have checked or observed with magnification of the sensor that there is no scratch before sending camera in then go bang table and demand your consumer rights or kwai kwai pay for what the tech says need replacement.
Seems fuji had not thouroughly handle the manufacturing hickups...
Thanks for the advice.
I am just very disappointed as they told me different story earlier.
They told me its just scratch on the glass and changing it will solve all the issues ( it is not part of warranty and I am ok to change it as long as they fix the issue)
Now end up more dust trapped inside the sensor and they blamed it on the user. Their solution is to replace the whole APSC sensor and said it is not part of warranty or asked me to accept as it is. They have charged me $139 for nothing and they even make it worse.
Thought sending in to fuji service center would be safer choice as compared to any third party shop. End up, they are just very unprofessional and just bunch of scammers.

Last edited:
Honestly you should give him a piece of your mind. Lame excuse coming from a service center. Should insist on a new APS-C sensor at no extra charge. If its me that is.

Honestly you should give him a piece of your mind. Lame excuse coming from a service center. Should insist on a new APS-C sensor at no extra charge. If its me that is.

The manager called me and explained that actually it was only dust stuck inside. So they said they will clean it. After it was done, I just accepted it as I needed the camera urgently for some work related stuffs. Then end up, it still has the same issue with spots/streaks appearing in images and there seems to have bright points in the center of the image.

So, I sent the camera in again to the service center.
Hope this time it will be fixed. ):

Not the first time hearing lousy experience at local Fujiflim service center.
Makes me wonder why pay more for local warranty.
Like sucker punched.

Yes , I got very lousy experience when I services my lenses too.

Hmm, the people are generally quite pleasant at both Suntec and Fuji building, but I am not sure about quality of service. My recent experience. I was getting a 'lens control error" on my X-T2 - fuji shop at Suntec replicated with their lens, Service technician then calls me from Fuji building and says no problem, likely my lens, and they have checked the camera no problems. I go to pick up bring home and my 15 year old son notices that one of the screws on the bayonet mount is almost out of the thread - he fixes it in one minute with a small screw driver. Not that impressed that 1. I didn't spot it myself! 2. Two level of Fuji staff didn't notice it. It makes you feel management and QA is not up to the mark one expects from Japanese firms.

And this was why I decided to switch out of Fujifilm although I like their products. TBH, Sony isn't any better. So far, Canon and Nikon gave me the best experience.

The manager called me and explained that actually it was only dust stuck inside. So they said they will clean it. After it was done, I just accepted it as I needed the camera urgently for some work related stuffs. Then end up, it still has the same issue with spots/streaks appearing in images and there seems to have bright points in the center of the image.

So, I sent the camera in again to the service center.
Hope this time it will be fixed. ):

Hope so, the service crew generally are very friendly and try to get the job done, they have improved quite a bit since a few years ago but it is good to always be careful and check what we receive.

Last I sent in a dead EFX-500 I was returned the same dead set on collection (i checked serial numbers) despite told that it was replaced with another piece. I was sure its an unfortunate error and they settled it properly in the end so don't lose your temper and be sure to deal with it calmly and respectfully.

All the best :)