Advice on Electra studio flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

magic touch

Jan 26, 2006
Hi all I am thinking of buying the electra century 300 studio flash which is selling at ruby photo.I would appreciate if anybody who owns or ever used these set could give me some advice or feedback on the product. I tried to look it up in the net but couldnt find review or links.

Thank you.
:sweat:

Hi all,I havent receive any feedback so far .I guess no one owned one yet.Instead of waiting I decided to just spend the money and bought the Electra set last monday.Guess what Im glad I bought it .It is exactly what I need.For those who are new in studio photography and is tight in budget (like me) This set is definately worth spending on.

;)

I don't have a 300 but do have a pair of 1000, the operations are quite similar except that the 300s power limitations would mean that you will have problem with lighting up the backgrounds. Have you used studio flashes before? No trying to be insulting or funny. You also need a light meter to help your exposure.

Wow looks like yours is good not only for individual shoot but group shoots too.Anyway thank you for the feedback ,m sure as time goes by I definately learn the limitation of these set.And yes Ive had some hands on with the studio lights only the branded ones......which I couldnt afford,,,,for now:) and is saving for the light meter which is about $270.Any info on reasonably good and ceap light meter.?

The Polaris at Ruby is a reasonable start. I use only Minolta 5, been using it for more than 10 years, don't studio shoot without it. I also have a couple of big Bowens ones 1500W, my favourites and some dinky small 500W Broncolor.

I wish I could own one like yours one day.Wanted to buy the Elincrom or Bowens but........you know the vitamin M is not available.You are right , must have the lightmeter .Some people say ,if you are shooting digital you need not use the lightmeter.Just fire a few shots and you will get it.Maybe thats for the pro yah.

Yep this has been my bread and butter for 10 years. No hurry on the equipment, concentrate on your pix. One of my assistant is now being signed by National Geographic to do landscapes using the same principle I taught him. "It's the person behind the camera that makes the picture, not the equipment." He uses a D70s to get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.