Advice on effects without digital help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperS

Sep 6, 2005
Hi all,

I am trying to get an effect like this;

http://www.leica-gallery.net/julienp/image-93532.html

Does anyone know if the Kodak EB = Kodak Elitechrome extra color? If so, how do you get the effects like this without digitally enhancements?

The colours are super saturated but the flesh tones sometimes look very un-natural and somehow overexposed http://www.leica-gallery.net/julienp/image-93530.html

Would appreciate any comments. Tried writing to the photographer...but of course there wasn't a reply.

Thanks.

seems to exhibit the traits of crossed processing - processing positive film with negative film chemicals and vice versa.

raptor84 said:
Maybe its slide film rated at iso 100 but shot at 80?

Yeah, I hear that a lot. But it seems like the colours should be more crazy than those in the link if done so.

But I wouldn't mind doing that... just to see the effects. Problem is, I think no lab will do this now because 'they say' cross processing spoils the chemicals.

Anyone knows where to do cross processing?

raptor84 said:
Maybe its slide film rated at iso 100 but shot at 80?

That would over expose the slide.....

Do you mean then process it at normal timing without pulling?

Yes shoot the film at 80 and process as a 100 speed :) Might work that way. Cause it seems that the highlights are blown for most.

CooperS said:
Yeah, I hear that a lot. But it seems like the colours should be more crazy than those in the link if done so.

But I wouldn't mind doing that... just to see the effects. Problem is, I think no lab will do this now because 'they say' cross processing spoils the chemicals.

Anyone knows where to do cross processing?

For Positive film, you can just bring your slide to any photo processing shop, and request for C41 (Chemical for Negative) Processing.

For Negative film, you have to bring to more professional Photo processing shop and request for E6 (Chemical for Positive) Processing.

I am not sure about Negative using E6 effect. But for Positive using C41, the photo turn out to have a bluist look, and I don't really like the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.