Advice on EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi calebk, is the 1st pic of the lang zai you? hahaa, nice b&w.
I like the 2nd photo: beauty and the beast..very nice, sharp, good bokeh, and her smile captures the happy ambience.

btw are those fotos taken wif 70-300 isusm or 70-200 f4?
tks for sharing.

1st pic: a friend of mine, definitely not anyone too famous, shot with 135mm f/2L
2nd pic: both friends of mine, I think it's rather disrespectful of you to label one "the beast", shot with 85mm f/1.8

These were put up as examples to show that there is plenty of stuff to shoot with telephoto ranges, indoors.

Hi fz, tks for sharing. I like the monkey, sharp details but the snake foto looks soft. any PP done on the monkey?

would have got this 70-300 is usm if its priced more reasonably about SGD$800+. I figured$1k+ way too overpriced for such slow lens.

both are sharpened using picasa.... i think you should be able to get it at 800+ now.. i bought it at $950 as year ago.

I just bought this lens for $59 a discounted price when bought together with Cannon 1000D Kit at Courts.

I just bought this lens for $59 a discounted price when bought together with Cannon 1000D Kit at Courts.

I do believe the lens you just purchased is the 75-300 f/4-5.6 III, not the lens in discussion.

1st pic: a friend of mine, definitely not anyone too famous, shot with 135mm f/2L
2nd pic: both friends of mine, I think it's rather disrespectful of you to label one "the beast", shot with 85mm f/1.8

These were put up as examples to show that there is plenty of stuff to shoot with telephoto ranges, indoors.

haha. paisay calebk, meant as compliment the lady, but forgot that its disrespectful to the man, my apologies. No wonder so sharp, those 2 lens are super sharp: but I need longer focal length, so 70-300ISUSM, 28-300tamron, 120-400sig, 100-300sig,150-500sig,tok28-400 all on my wishlist, would grab whichever has a price slash cos some of those lens are super old models: hopin for a clearance sale... :)

Oh, lots of stuff:

8fcaea534dbb2cc0715c8ef97c8b7dd5.jpg

1e221adeacc30f694b6d0e82e0ad3168.jpg

Candids, headshots, portraits, stage, the list goes on, it can be almost anything and everything were an isolated subject and compressed background is desired.

Hey Calebk, btw, this friend of yours, is he Sammy?

Status
Not open for further replies.