Advice on Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmund1wj

Nov 11, 2008
Hello everyone, recently I bought a 450D which comes with a dry cabinet as a free gift. As I am a newbie to DSLR camera, like to know do I attach the lens cover for the body and the lens when I put it into the dry cabinet? And what % do I keep the dry cabinet in?

Hello everyone, recently I bought a 450D which comes with a dry cabinet as a free gift. As I am a newbie to DSLR camera, like to know do I attach the lens cover for the body and the lens when I put it into the dry cabinet? And what % do I keep the dry cabinet in?

Errr... It's not that hard, right? I mean, it's "put on lens/body and twist till tight".

As for %... Please do a search. There are several dozen posts on this already.

Errr... It's not that hard, right? I mean, it's "put on lens/body and twist till tight".

As for %... Please do a search. There are several dozen posts on this already.

Ya I know juz have to turn clockwise. But what I am trying to say is when I put the lens and camera separate in the dry cabinet, do I put in the lens cover for both side for the lens and the camera body or do I leave it open.

Ya I know juz have to turn clockwise. But what I am trying to say is when I put the lens and camera separate in the dry cabinet, do I put in the lens cover for both side for the lens and the camera body or do I leave it open.

Since the lens caps are not airtight it simply doesn't matter at all. Put them on if you like (maybe it adds some tidiness since the caps are not "flying around") or leave them off. If you have more than one lens and you want to put them into camera bag for shooting it might come more handy to leave the caps on.
The connection between lens and body also is not airtight (only a few some models have weather sealing), you don't need to take off the lens.
Regarding RH setting: please check the manual of your dry cabinet and your camera.

Last edited:
Since the lens caps are not airtight it simply doesn't matter at all. Put them on if you like (maybe it adds some tidiness since the caps are not "flying around") or leave them off. If you have more than one lens and you want to put them into camera bag for shooting it might come more handy to leave the caps on.
The connection between lens and body also is not airtight (only a few some models have weather sealing), you don't need to take off the lens.
Regarding RH setting: please check the manual of your dry cabinet and your camera.

Thanks for the help, I already saw the user manual regarding the RH setting. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.