Advice on Compact Cameras

Exhaust

Dec 11, 2010
Hi everyone, i am looking for a compact camera for my wife and was wondering if you guys can gimme some suggestions =)

Her requirements are:
1. Compact, small and lightweight
2. Able to have some 'cool' functions. She mentioned that she saw an advert of a compact camera able to do stuff like removing all colors other than red, and even a touch screen lcd where you can drag small icons like those neoprint patterns across the screen and decide where you want to 'stamp' these icons on.
3. Good image quality.

Any idea on what was that camera that my wife saw with function 2?

Thanks!

Hi everyone, i am looking for a compact camera for my wife and was wondering if you guys can gimme some suggestions =)

Her requirements are:
1. Compact, small and lightweight
2. Able to have some 'cool' functions. She mentioned that she saw an advert of a compact camera able to do stuff like removing all colors other than red, and even a touch screen lcd where you can drag small icons like those neoprint patterns across the screen and decide where you want to 'stamp' these icons on.
3. Good image quality.

Any idea on what was that camera that my wife saw with function 2?

Thanks!

That sounds like the Sony TX cameras. Can test at any Sonystyle.

Well... like what Rashkae stated, only the Sony came with cameras (compact) that had partial colour mode (check out the TX55).

Of course many cameras came with touchscreen nowaday though.

Another group of compact cameras you can looked into are the mirrorless format,

1) Olympus - EP3 and EPL3
2) Panasonic - G and GH
3) Sony - NEX
4) Samsung - NX

All of them gave you great DSLR grade image (Olympus had also boast to have the fastest AF around - not sure about this claim though).

If you want great image for PnS (other than mirrorless), you can also go to the prosumer series,

Olympus - XZ1
Canon - S95 and G12
Panasonic - LX5
Nikon - P7000

rhino123 said:
Well... like what Rashkae stated, only the Sony came with cameras (compact) that had partial colour mode (check out the TX55).

This is not true,not only Sony, my old Canon Ixus also comes with partial colour mode

This is not true,not only Sony, my old Canon Ixus also comes with partial colour mode

Sony sensor in the Canon PnS mah... ;)

But the one with the "Neoprint" effects in my memory is the Sony. They even give you a small stylus for it.

Rashkae said:
Sony sensor in the Canon PnS mah... ;)

But the one with the "Neoprint" effects in my memory is the Sony. They even give you a small stylus for it.

Haha yup, Sony makes sensors for a whole load of cameras out there but just saying that Sony cameras are not the only one which have the selective colour function.

My Ixus definitely does not have have the neoprint function. I guess have to get Sony for that.

Sorry, my bad. Never knew that Canon's Ixus have that function too.