Advice on close-up shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl255

Mar 24, 2005
Advice on close-up shots
Hi, relatively inexperienced in this area and wld appreciate advice from the pros. I need to take close-up shots of some products and my canon 850IS is definitely not capable of it.

How much wld it cost to purchase an average lens that can take close-up shots with good clarity? Assuming I can get hold of a DSLR type camera.

Alternatively, wld anyone be interested to take up this simple assignment for a small token fee? I definitely cannot afford what is paid to professional studios, so keep that in mind =). Also let me know how much you are expecting....

Tks!

looking at your website, IMHO what you need most is not a DSLR, but a product light tent which is like a mini-studio for your product. If you are on a budget, you can build one yourself.

who says your 850IS is not up to it

get background
and nice window light
and tripod
and reflector

if it is too difficult
how small is "small token fee"

who says your 850IS is not up to it

get background
and nice window light
and tripod
and reflector

if it is too difficult
how small is "small token fee"

it cannot focus.... tried it.

prob abt 15-20cm? but you are right, i did not try the macro mode.... forgot abt that, will try it later, tks!

prob abt 15-20cm? but you are right, i did not try the macro mode.... forgot abt that, will try it later, tks!
Try to mount the camera on a tripod, turn on macro mode, use 2sec timer mode should able to get good macro shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.