Advice on Classic Nikon Camera

sqapg5

Sep 16, 2009
Hi People, I need some advice here. Recently I inherited some really old camera and lenses. Of course the condition are not really known and most lenses have fungus in them. I have camera like the Nikon F2 25th Anniversary, Nikon f3 and Nikon fm2 and some other lenses. I am definitely not a film person and was thinking of encashing them or a trade in to then get a digital (as such I most likely need a shop that either takes in them and then services them to working condition and selling them off / a shop that takes them in and opens up the camera and makes use parts that are working as spare parts).

The issue I have is with truly determining the value and also where should I go. I have tried enquiring at peninsula and one of the shop told me I will take all in for 300 if you really want to sell. Can anyone point me to somewhere where I can get an honest opinion if I should even do anything to the camera and perhaps sell it myself after that or I should just forget the time and money that would be wasted? Any shops to recommend me to head over with my gear? welcome any passionate Nikon fans to also give me a few pointers.

Thanks so much.

If anyone would like to see pictures of the items. Do whatsapp me at 8100557 five...

Best if you can check out the camera bodies yourself & determine the condition they are in. Look carefully at some of the online sites to have an idea of what the prices are for the cameras in the current condition or will you be able to get a better price if you have them serviced (if they need servicing).

If the cameras need servicing, you can check out a few reputable camera repair shops in Sg, ( Camera Hospital & Decamera Consultant comes to mind) or contact CS member, his handle is Fatigue, his real name is David Hilos, if your camera needs to serviced.

Last edited:
If you are just not at interested I'd take the 300. What lens or lenses are clean and clear?

Post up photos of the equipment here and we can help out

Soon all Nikon stuff may well be "classic".

Hi People, I need some advice here. Recently I inherited some really old camera and lenses. Of course the condition are not really known and most lenses have fungus in them. I have camera like the Nikon F2 25th Anniversary, Nikon f3 and Nikon fm2 and some other lenses. I am definitely not a film person and was thinking of encashing them or a trade in to then get a digital (as such I most likely need a shop that either takes in them and then services them to working condition and selling them off / a shop that takes them in and opens up the camera and makes use parts that are working as spare parts).

The issue I have is with truly determining the value and also where should I go. I have tried enquiring at peninsula and one of the shop told me I will take all in for 300 if you really want to sell. Can anyone point me to somewhere where I can get an honest opinion if I should even do anything to the camera and perhaps sell it myself after that or I should just forget the time and money that would be wasted? Any shops to recommend me to head over with my gear? welcome any passionate Nikon fans to also give me a few pointers.

Thanks so much.

Messaged you. Thx.

Any proceeds advances to charities.
Less thought,
Freedom

Hmm it is always better to sell it on clubsnap or caurosel then to sell to shops directly.just chrck eBay on what is thr selling price of these items and price them accordingly in caurosell