Advice on C-750, C-5050 & C-5060

Status
Not open for further replies.

pundit

Jan 21, 2004
Mumbai, India
Hi,

I am planning to buy a new camera. Not sure which do buy. Will love the optical zoom of 750 with features of 5050. :confused:

Is there any other brand available in My budget of around S$1000, with same or better features? I can buy either in S'pore or US.

U can try the Panasonic FZ10 too selling for 900+. Do search ard in the forum for its info.

pundit said:
Hi,

I am planning to buy a new camera. Not sure which do buy. Will love the optical zoom of 750 with features of 5050. :confused:

Is there any other brand available in My budget of around S$1000, with same or better features? I can buy either in S'pore or US.

m3csl said:
U can try the Panasonic FZ10 too selling for 900+. Do search ard in the forum for its info.

But the C-750UZ's contrction seem more robust as compared to the FZ10.

hvnt touch c-750 so cant comment. But FZ10 do takes better clearer pics at full zoom thks 2 its stablished lens isnt?

Jayan said:
But the C-750UZ's contrction seem more robust as compared to the FZ10.

m3csl said:
hvnt touch c-750 so cant comment. But FZ10 do takes better clearer pics at full zoom thks 2 its stablished lens isnt?

Personally touch and play with 750 and find that it's more better-built compared to FZ10. Heavier too. Personally i like my camera to be of some weight. You might consider the weight as a factor of your choice.

Image wise, i can't comment as i have no friends who buy FZ10 but 750. I have a 5060 myself and i think Olympus's quality is there as they are more established than Panasonic. However, i'm attracted to FZ10 personally. At 12X optical compared to 10X optical for 750, along with IS at under 900bucks, i would say it's a steal myself. Hear my friend complaining that 10X zoom is useless without a tripod for his 750 make me look forward to own FZ10 however, need to rest awhile after i got 5060 before i can plan for another. :embrass:

Comments are all over. Good or bad is up to you to judge. Most importantly, i feel you need to know what you want out of your purchase. Every camera have their own limitations so you will have to live with it somehow but still harness the best of your camera's function to capture the picture that you always wanted to take. Like the old birds here always say : it's not the camera but the man behind the lens that make the picture wonderful.

I do agree with you. Me too prefer a sturdy=heavy camera rather than a paper box type.

Features wise, C-5050 seems the best but lacks the UZ. C-5060 seems more hyped.

Need some pro to enlighten me urgently.
:dunno:

if you have decided go for C-750, i suggest you wait while as the C-760 will be launching soon next month. the c-750 price will drop :D

BTW, the price of the C-750 has dropped to around $800 or even less. Don't go for the promotions with freebies cos the price is jacked up.

Just saw today on Streats that the C-750 was selling for $1009 !! Bundled with some "free" stuff ...

I think you should figure out which kind of zoom you need before you buy a DC. ultra zoom or wide zoom. then only "zoom" in which camera suit your requirements. more easy right? I believe $1000 can buy a quite good DC. I have C-5060 and C-750. I personally think Olympus C-5060WZ is good compared to C-750.

yes i agree u to buy C-5060 instead C750 if you have $$$ :D & really keen for taking photos! There are plenty of add on accessories waiting for u to explore if you go for C5060. Of course $$$ :bigeyes: still the main factor us to decide something on certain area. That's why i selected my c-720 at that time :dunno: if not i have purchased C5050. :bsmilie:

heard in Msia the c5060 is selling at RM$2800 abt?? well just pay one time money to get a good camera cos it will last you longer instead of keep on changing :thumbsup: (my personal opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.