Advice on budget home system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Hi all,

Need some advice on budget 5.1 system, amps + speakers. Budget ard 1k range..any good advice?

Need clarity and crisp bass for dvds and day to day music. Any particluar model that fits my bill?

Looking for brands like JBL or infinity..are they good? :)

depends on specific model. dun jus c d brand, Teac 2100 is gd too & under $700. lookout 4 those tt can accept thicker speaker cables oso...

if d power rating is 40watt/channel or above at 8ohms u can buy a gd budget stereo speakers for $300 or less at Adelphi.

bring ur own fav CDs 2 test, try not 2 rely on d stores demo disc. oni u will kno d diff of d CDs played out on d systems.

One suggestion is Creative set of speakers and add on your own dvd players...should be cheap and good.

Hi rainman, saw you @ SLS think the weekend before last :p

Erh please .... Those little HTiB seriously cannot make it. Auditioned them before.

Anyway, do take a look @ the offerings from Panasonic. If i'm not wrong the digital amplifier series - SA XR 25... check out - http://www.xtremeplace.com for more readups.

Else, go 2nd hand, an entry level Marantz SR4400 can be got for around $280 - Check out http://www.echoloft.com buy/sell HT forums. Coupled with a good set of speakers depending on your taste, it won't blow the bank.

rainman said:
Hi all,

Need some advice on budget 5.1 system, amps + speakers. Budget ard 1k range..any good advice?

Need clarity and crisp bass for dvds and day to day music. Any particluar model that fits my bill?

Looking for brands like JBL or infinity..are they good? :)

Current technology for budget home systems are generally on par. Doesn't really matter what you get in the 1K range.

Instead of going out to buy one straight away, prepare your house first. Start wif some heavy curtains on the windows. Hang a nice rug on the wall (can buy from IKEA). Throw another rug on the floor. Check furniture with glass to make sure they won't rattle. Try your best to seal off the room.

I have 2 systems. The expensive one in living room and a cheepo one in bedroom. When I open the windows in the living room, sound quality hits the ground... SUCKS.

When I close everything up and turn on air-con in the masterbedroom The cheepo audio kicks ass!!! It really about the room.

dEthANGeL said:
Hi rainman, saw you @ SLS think the weekend before last :p

Erh please .... Those little HTiB seriously cannot make it. Auditioned them before.

Anyway, do take a look @ the offerings from Panasonic. If i'm not wrong the digital amplifier series - SA XR 25... check out - http://www.xtremeplace.com for more readups.

Else, go 2nd hand, an entry level Marantz SR4400 can be got for around $280 - Check out http://www.echoloft.com buy/sell HT forums. Coupled with a good set of speakers depending on your taste, it won't blow the bank.

Thanks Keith... Was there looking for notebook :)

I will do some reviews on Panasonic amplifier, seems like it is cheap and good

arampan said:
Current technology for budget home systems are generally on par. Doesn't really matter what you get in the 1K range.

Instead of going out to buy one straight away, prepare your house first. Start wif some heavy curtains on the windows. Hang a nice rug on the wall (can buy from IKEA). Throw another rug on the floor. Check furniture with glass to make sure they won't rattle. Try your best to seal off the room.

I have 2 systems. The expensive one in living room and a cheepo one in bedroom. When I open the windows in the living room, sound quality hits the ground... SUCKS.

When I close everything up and turn on air-con in the masterbedroom The cheepo audio kicks ass!!! It really about the room.

Oh..that's a really a good piece of advice. That is y I dun intend to spend alot on the HT cos my living room is not sound proof.

Floor carpet yes with normal curtains. Any advice speaker layout or sound proofing in the living room?

Status
Not open for further replies.