Advice on batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

block306

Feb 13, 2003
Serangoon
Visit site
I own a Canon digicam that runs on lithium-ion battery rather than the standard AA ones. I have 2 such batteries. However I am going off to a trekking trip that will leave me without any power supply for about 20 days. Does anyone have any recommendations/solutions to my power needs in such a situation? Thanks.

solar power charger? hehe

u can get a ac adaptor kit for ur cam and wire it up to a AA batt pack
then u can just bring disaposable aa batts

Buy lots of OEM Li-ion batteries and shoot with LCD and flash off

then after your trip sell the batteries away

cheaper than buying those external battery pack, no need to waste time charging

btw, how much CF card u have?

zodnm said:
u can get a ac adaptor kit for ur cam and wire it up to a AA batt pack
then u can just bring disaposable aa batts
if you mean disposables as in alkalines, you can ditch this idea. you will have to carry tons of alkalines, as they don't last very long in DCs.

my advice would be, bring a film camera, be it SLR or P&S. 20 days without an electricity source is not a scenario which you would want to contemplate bringing DCs.

My camera DO NOT use AA batteries. Only Canon or OEM batteries. I have about 1.2Gb of CF spaces; so no worries on that.
A solar panel is an option but not practical. Don't think it is a good idea to lug a solid state panel while trekking.

wacko said:
my advice would be, bring a film camera, be it SLR or P&S. 20 days without an electricity source is not a scenario which you would want to contemplate bringing DCs.

i second that. Bring film. The cost/amount of spare batteries (say 20?) can get you a decent mid-range second hand SLR.

block306 said:
My camera DO NOT use AA batteries. Only Canon or OEM batteries. I have about 1.2Gb of CF spaces; so no worries on that.
A solar panel is an option but not practical. Don't think it is a good idea to lug a solid state panel while trekking.

i dun mean put aa into ur cam leh....
look here

http://www.moz.net.nz/camera/battery-pack.php

Buy many 3th party batterys.
Try to rent or borrow a Canon Car Battery Kit or a Car Charger.
You can charge if there is a safety vehicle or Travel bus around.

if you have access to vehicles all the better, most 3rd party battery charger comes with car-adapters, don't have to go for Canon stuff, way too expensive. but of course you have to thicken your skin to borrow the cigarette jack...

Car charger is good but unfortunately don't think I will find a vehicle in both Langtang and Everest regions of Nepal. Ha, ha....or sob, sob...

Status
Not open for further replies.