Advice on batch adding Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

virus530

Oct 3, 2008
North Singapore
Hi Guys,

I would like to seek advice on batch processing to add signature to your picture.
Currently I am using lightroom to do simple fine tuning which is all I need for the time being.
However when I need to add signature, I export it to CS3 to do it. One by one at a time.

My question is if I need to do a batch of it, any shorter way to do it?
I came across a book that actually Lightroom can add watermark to the picture you export.
But I forget how to go about it already.
Someone out there can advice a faster easier workflow to go about it?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I would like to seek advice on batch processing to add signature to your picture.
Currently I am using lightroom to do simple fine tuning which is all I need for the time being.
However when I need to add signature, I export it to CS3 to do it. One by one at a time.

My question is if I need to do a batch of it, any shorter way to do it?
I came across a book that actually Lightroom can add watermark to the picture you export.
But I forget how to go about it already.
Someone out there can advice a faster easier workflow to go about it?

Thanks.

Lightroom export options allows watermark selection, but its a tiny signature, i still do my watermark in photoshop.

What i do is to create a CS action for it, but my image has to be always the same size. I create 4 versions, 2(black/white font) for landscape view and 2 for portraits view. Export the CS actions as dioplets and move it to lightroom, under lightroom exports options open in CS and run the dioplets u wish. This will export the images and open in CS and run the signature action automatically...

There might be a quicker way though...

I also do my signature in PS. I created 2 actions. One for landscape and one for portraits.
The actions includes resizing the size to fit my blog, change to 72DPI(for web), web sharpen, open my signature template, align with the image, flaten and Save to web.
To do in batch I have to seperate the landscape and the portraits photos and assign the correct actions to it.

Ok thanks for the advice.
Now will need to go back and learn abt the 'Dioplet' option.

if you don't mind using softwares other than Photoshop, there are a couple of freeware available that offers batch processing and signature, e.g. Photoscape, Fastone, etc

LOL...key word here is FREE Ware....okok....will go try them out when I am free....
Thanks for the advice.

For those using Lightroom 2.
I just found a new plug in that work fantasically to add in signature with lots of control.
DL the program call "LR2 Mogrify"
Solve the question I was asking and very amaze. save me alot of trouble.
It can also pre-set a border for you if you want whenever you export the picture together with Watermark according to your preference.
Give it a try!!!!!! Was very please with it.

I create a photoshop action that resize my pics from full res print sizes to low res web sizes, sharpen for web and at the same time add a simple copyright notice at the lower right corner. It doesn't matter if its landscape or portrait orientation, it will resize and add the signature correctly, everytime.

I learned the photoshop action from reowned Photoshop guru Dr Brown's tutorial. It is complicated and tedious, took me a few hours, I no longer know how to do it, but do it once and use it for years. Once you done it, run as batch process. Few thousand pictures also no problem, just leave it running and go watch TV. No more one by one until hand cramp and eyes tear.

The original version he teaches actually incorporates Adobe Illustrator (not many of us photographers have that program since its more for graphic artists) where with Adobe Illustrator he was able to create personalised graphic signatures and incorporate them into the signatures regardless of resolution or orientation, very cool. I don't have Illustrator nor use graphics in my sig so I modified it to just using a simple copyright notice text. Take a look at my flickr and you will see every picture have it. I just change the copyright year text with each passing year.

Google for his website, maybe he still have that tutorial around.

Last edited:
I create a photoshop action that resize my pics from full res print sizes to low res web sizes, sharpen for web and at the same time add a simple copyright notice at the lower right corner. It doesn't matter if its landscape or portrait orientation, it will.....................

Google for his website, maybe he still have that tutorial around.

call me old school.... But I dont shoot 000's and 000's of photos like u guys.:gbounce::gbounce:

i converted my signatures into brush and use it tht way, I find it more flexible in terms of signature size and location on the photo.

call me old school.... But I dont shoot 000's and 000's of photos like u guys.:gbounce::gbounce:

i converted my signatures into brush and use it tht way, I find it more flexible in terms of signature size and location on the photo.

Shooting high volume has nothing to do with old school or new school. Its a matter of style and gene. Events professionals shoot high volume, landscapes guys low volume.

A person can love photography a lot and shoot a damn lot. Think Garry Winogrand, born 1928, died 1984. He was famous for exposing three rolls of TRI-X every day for his entire adult life. That's 100 pictures a day, 36,500 a year, a million every 30 years. He died leaving more than 2500 rolls of film exposed but undeveloped, 6500 rolls developed but not proofed, and 3000 rolls proofed but not examined (a total of a third of a million unedited exposures).

If he had stuff like Lightroom, Photoshop automation, etc. Things might be different. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.