Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajeesh

Feb 1, 2004
Hello friends,

I will be going for a short trip (6 Days) next week.

What is the best way to store my photos if I don't intent to take my laptop with me?

Cheers...

Ajeesh

Thanks for the suggestion.

How much does it cost?

Ajeesh

East Gear sells a number of these portable storage devices. This is one of the hottest device now:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=77800

If you are not familiar with these, you should research more to see what are the functionalities that are important to you. For example, do you need a built-in screen. If no screen, how about one that can output to TV. Do you need one that can display raw files. Do you need long battery life, or uses non-proprietary batteries, etc etc.

Get any of the digital wallets like X-drive II. Get it 2nd hand, then sell it. Really, this is the best option else it will be a white elephant.

Or you can buy 2nd hand 1GB CF, then sell it. This is actually more recommended. Smaller lar, it's only a 6-day trip.

Actually, a amatuer/hobbyist photographer normally only needs loads of storage when travelling. 1 or 2 GB is probably sufficient for most day-to-day photography within Singapore.

So, maybe some shop can setup a T-loan service for high capacity CF cards?

Hi friends,

Thank you very much. I got lot of suggestions in a short span of time. It is really wonderful. Upzzz for Clubsnap. I will either rent one or buy a second hand one.

Cheers

Ajeesh

If you are travelling in a metropolitan area, you should be able to find a photo shop which can burn your images onto CD for you?

Amfibius said:
If you are travelling in a metropolitan area, you should be able to find a photo shop which can burn your images onto CD for you?
hmm.. I have something to say about this. I dunno about other countries but i just came back from Melbourne.

I went to a photoshop to burn the images to a CD. Cost me AUS$14 to burn 2 CF cards into 1 CD (1 CF card to CD is 12 bucks, 2 dollars for every additional card). Quite expensive. Other shops also around the same price.

What I suggest is bring along some blank CDs and transfer images yourself in internet cafes. Most internet cafes have card reader and cd burner. Costs alot lesser and you get to use internet too. ;)

I paid about $8 per CD when I was in Krabi. I guess it depends on where you are going.

jbma said:
I paid about $8 per CD when I was in Krabi. I guess it depends on where you are going.
I suppose so. But then i still think visiting internet cafes are better. And its only abt 3 to 4 bucks an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.