Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal

May 20, 2004
f89bf2fb.jpg

Newbie here,
How can I do correction for this picture?

crystal said:

Newbie here,
How can I do correction for this picture?[/QUOTE]

I would actually recommand you retake the picture, in a place where the lighting is better and the background is cleaner.

If that is not possible and only as a last resort, try replacing the background with one of those "neo-print" looking ones.

Poon said:
I would actually recommand you retake the picture, in a place where the lighting is better and the background is cleaner.

If that is not possible and only as a last resort, try replacing the background with one of those "neo-print" looking ones.

I mean overall the pic is too dark. Tried increasing the brightness in photo editing software but it turns out worse. Is it the exposure problem? I am using a A60 on auto settings

crystal said:
I mean overall the pic is too dark. Tried increasing the brightness in photo editing software but it turns out worse. Is it the exposure problem? I am using a A60 on auto settings

did you use flash to fill-in? Looks like no flash been used.

Dun use the brightness control in PS or image editing tools. you will lost detail that you will not be able to take back.

As mentioned, retake the photo without the back lighting, remember to use flash.

Hi! I looooove your NICK! haha.....

Ok, on a serious note, what do you want to achieve from the post processsing?

I did a simple auto levels and curves adjustment in PS and it brightened it up.

f89bf2fb.jpg

Its slightly 'noisy' (grainy) as I'm working on a compressed file and also due to slight underexposure and your camera used. The pic can still improved with 'noise' removing software or more work in PS. I'm lazy to do it :D and also quite pointless unless you provide the original resolution file to work with.

Maybe next time when you take a photo like this, you'll have to be careful of the bright patch that will cause an overall underexposed metering. Fill in flash or meter and compensate (if your camera does not have spot metering).

Hope it helps :D

Okie, understood :D

jimtong said:
Btw, nice doggy, very cute but he/she look sad...

Haha, camera shy that's why don't dare to look directly at the camera. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.