Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tham YM

Nov 11, 2009
Hi, fellow seniors, appreciate if you could kindly advise me on compatibility and durability of 3rd party flash, i.e. Nissin in lieu of the original recommended for Canon EOS 50D.

Thank you.

Tham YM

Looks on google for "nissin flash review" and "nissin flash reliability"

you get what you pay for...

theres usually a reason why canon flashes are way more expensive..

Thank you bros.

SilverPrincess said:
If you are considering using 3rd party lenses such as those made by Sigma, Tamron and Tokina, make sure that the lenses you are interested in are available for the camera you are considering.
people asked about 3rd party flash, and you replied about 3rd party lenses....

Last edited:
you get what you pay for...

theres usually a reason why canon flashes are way more expensive..

because of the brand name and the marketing?

Seriously, some of the 3rd party flashes out there aren't that bad. The reviews for the Nissin models seem quite promising. I'm waiting to see if any bad reviews come out, since I don't need another flash unit in such a hurry.

Can't comment on the compatibility, but as for durability... I've owned an old Nissin hammerhead (model no. 5000-something) for over 15 years, and it's still going strong. I don't use it as much now, but it did go through heavy use when I first got it. Bought it used for $150 from a used-camera shop. Auto only, to TTL.

It may just be me -- had good luck with Nissin and awful luck with Metz :confused:

because of the brand name and the marketing?

Seriously, some of the 3rd party flashes out there aren't that bad. The reviews for the Nissin models seem quite promising. I'm waiting to see if any bad reviews come out, since I don't need another flash unit in such a hurry.

yeah sure they might not be bad at first, and i will say i've used vivitar and canon flashes, both performed pretty much the same... but when something breaks do you really expect a random brand service centre (if there even is one) to give you service thats as good as say canon or nikon?

the reason you pay a premium for branded products is because they will give you the support for it afterwards instead of making cheap money out of you at the start...

Status
Not open for further replies.