advice needed =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siimplicity

Jul 2, 2009
singapore
hi all! i'm new to dslr and just got a nikon d70s from a friend. i know it's a pretty old model but i've tried it out before getting and find it suitable for me since i'm still a beginner and a poor student too. =p

i've tried out AF-S DX Zoom- NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED (which i really like) but is currently using F-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR as the other lens belongs to my friend. i was wondering what is a good lens for me to invest in and begin with? can someone help? thanks!! :)

depends on your needs. Don't buy a lens unless you know what it's for and need that functionality.

All up to you and your budget...

but the 18-70 is nicely matched to the D70 :)

thanks for your advices. basically i like taking scenery, streets and portraits shots. i guess that's what everyone likes too. hehehe.

hi all! i'm new to dslr and just got a nikon d70s from a friend. i know it's a pretty old model but i've tried it out before getting and find it suitable for me since i'm still a beginner and a poor student too. =p

i've tried out AF-S DX Zoom- NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED (which i really like) but is currently using F-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR as the other lens belongs to my friend. i was wondering what is a good lens for me to invest in and begin with? can someone help? thanks!! :)
The 18-105mm VR is a good all rounder and reasonably cheap 2nd hand.

for your case, all you need to complement your 18-55 is a 50-200 as well as flash and you are ready to go for just about anything.

Do you have any lens now ?
If you are on a budget both AF-S DX Zoom- NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED & F-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR are good for starter.
Go where your heart feel.

I used to have that 18 - 70. Its a really very good lens for the price. But i sold that off and got a Tamron 17 - 50 F2.8. You might want to consider that... But it'll probably cost more then your camera.

Whoa, how come the D70s didn't come with the 18-70? That is a fine lens. I guess the previous owner cheaped out and kept the 18-70 for himself. :p

I wouldn't consider the 18 - 70 a kit lens :)
Its more like a gift from nikon for us to play with haha

Status
Not open for further replies.