Advice needed on Shooting for Formular One

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
Hi there, I am new to shooting formular one. Appreciate if someone who has shot fast cars or sports before, share with me their experiences.

1) I hear that tight corners are the best places to shoot. Is this true?
2) Do you need at least a 300 mm if you are at the ground level (General Walkabout Ticket).
3) As a General Walkabout Ticket, can you bring your cameras in?
4) What is the best location for Singapore Grand Prix?
5) How to shoot for night race since lighting is low?

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi there, I am new to shooting formular one. Appreciate if someone who has shot fast cars or sports before, share with me their experiences.

1) I hear that tight corners are the best places to shoot. Is this true?
2) Do you need at least a 300 mm if you are at the ground level (General Walkabout Ticket).
3) As a General Walkabout Ticket, can you bring your cameras in?
4) What is the best location for Singapore Grand Prix?
5) How to shoot for night race since lighting is low?

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Wrong thread, moderator please move his thread to Newbies's Corner.

Been there, done that... Small advice... Practice shooting by standing on side of road and shoot at cars by panning and following before snapping... the F1 cars can zoom past you really fast... so even with fast shutter and lens, if you are not fast enough in panning, you will not get the car in the frame. :)

Been there, done that... Small advice... Practice shooting by standing on side of road and shoot at cars by panning and following before snapping... the F1 cars can zoom past you really fast... so even with fast shutter and lens, if you are not fast enough in panning, you will not get the car in the frame. :)

Maybe get a monopod? i see lots of those on tv... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.