Advice Needed On Cleaning Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldrick

Aug 22, 2005
Singapore
Hi all,

I just bought my Nikon D50. What are the recommended cleaning kit accessories that I need to buy?

Thanks.

Remember to go for the "original" lens pen, www.lenspen.com I think KT sells some.

There are quite a few copies going around like in Carrefour but they use pads or something on the cleaning end.

n0d3 said:
Remember to go for the "original" lens pen, www.lenspen.com I think KT sells some.

There are quite a few copies going around like in Carrefour but they use pads or something on the cleaning end.

I can't access the link. By the way, what's KT? Where's it?

Additional to that, what do you mean by "original" lens pen?

n0d3 said:

Where is KT? What does KT stands for?

I also use the lens cleaning solution, cleaning paper, cloth and blower for cleaning my cameras.

Aldrick, Congratz on getting the D50. Update the user list yet?

blive said:
Where is KT? What does KT stands for?

I also use the lens cleaning solution, cleaning paper, cloth and blower for cleaning my cameras.

Aldrick, Congratz on getting the D50. Update the user list yet?

Thanks. But update what user list? Please refer. :)

n0d3 said:
Yes. the one in carrefour ruined one of my filters, so watch out!

must be careful on the type of blowers you get too....dont ever buy the cheapo kinds coz I've got one that spits out dust allover my lens.....

JediForce4ever said:
must be careful on the type of blowers you get too....dont ever buy the cheapo kinds coz I've got one that spits out dust allover my lens.....

I kena from one of my cheapo blower, now it is resting in my dustbin liao..

I got my lens pen from CP at $10 after discount.
Work well.

even as with any better blowers that has a butterfly valve at the opposite end of the blower, do give it a few squeeze to flush out any dust within before blowing onto the delicate surfaces.....

Don't even bother with cleaning fluid, some of them tend to ruin coatings on lenses/filters etc. If you can just get good quality lens paper or microfibre cloth and just huff on the lens to get some condensation (water) on it if you need to get rid of smear marks.

KT Digital Imaging Pte Ltd
Shop : 531 Upper Cross St #01-06 Hong Lim Complex, Singapore
Email: ktcolour@pacific.net.sg
OPERATING HOURS: Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun OFF

They were selling it at $11+ I think. Good place for prints too.

n0d3 said:
Don't even bother with cleaning fluid, some of them tend to ruin coatings on lenses/filters etc. If you can just get good quality lens paper or microfibre cloth and just huff on the lens to get some condensation (water) on it if you need to get rid of smear marks.

KT Digital Imaging Pte Ltd
Shop : 531 Upper Cross St #01-06 Hong Lim Complex, Singapore
Email: ktcolour@pacific.net.sg
OPERATING HOURS: Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun OFF

They were selling it at $11+ I think. Good place for prints too.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.