Advice Needed: Kingston Card problem

snapperBB

Sep 26, 2005
Upper Changi Road
Hi all, seeking advice for my friend's problem. She's using a Canon S95 with a 8GB Kingston SD card. Recently, she tried to download her photos into her PC but she can't and there's an card error msg. Likewise, her cam also indicated card error and prior to that, she noticed that there were some photos that can't be viewed on her camera.

Browser showed that she has used around 4GB of space. Question is: Is there anyone or agency that can help with this problem? Do point us to any thread that has been discussed.

Thank you in advance:)

snapperBB said:
Hi all, seeking advice for my friend's problem. She's using a Canon S95 with a 8GB Kingston SD card. Recently, she tried to download her photos into her PC but she can't and there's an card error msg. Likewise, her cam also indicated card error and prior to that, she noticed that there were some photos that can't be viewed on her camera.

Browser showed that she has used around 4GB of space. Question is: Is there anyone or agency that can help with this problem? Do point us to any thread that has been discussed.

Thank you in advance:)

Kingston again!!!

This has been reported by many using Kingston, including myself. I am no longer in Kingston cards.

Search the forum for 'picture recovery software', you'll find existing threads with links to software that can help. Do use a dedicated card reader for recovery, not the camera.
After successful recovery please do a format of the card in the computer (with card reader) and uncheck the option 'quick review'. This way the entire media is checked thoroughly.

i have 2 pc's of kingston SD card..
u can try to use cable data if it's not working with memory card reader...
if the data is lost, u can use some data recovery program which is free.....
I used it before once i accidentally deleted my data.....
after u finish transferring all the data, u can do memory card format in camera...
My SD card can't detect by my laptop memory card reader previously but it's detected now after i did formatting...

hope it helps.