Advice needed for purchase of camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hobbez01

Hi. I'm a complete newbie where photography is concerned. I have been offered a second hand RC2300 with warranty until june 2003 for $200. Is this deal value for money? Thanks in advance for any advice offered.;)

what is your budget like? easier to advise if you have a budget to work with. Personally, do ot know about the quality of this cam..

Thanks for all advice given. I have already decided not to get that camera.:p

But anyway, i would still like to know the reason why a Ranger camera is not recommended.

keep ya 200 bucks and get yaself a Canon 3.2MP DC. Its more worth it man.

;)

btw, i am keen on getting an A70 this couple of weeks....wanna join me there ?:D

hobbes,

If you are keen to get a digital camera to experiment with, you could get the A70, which is going for a low price of ard. $520 wGST.

But set aside $150 for extra batteries, charger, and memory cards. Starting out with this kit will probably give you a toehold into photography in general :)

Originally posted by hobbez01
But anyway, i would still like to know the reason why a Ranger camera is not recommended.

Camera from lesser known brands tend to have less compatitible accessories, like wide angle convertors, teleconverters...etc

They tend to have poorer after-sales service and use average quality materials, CCD sensors, lens...etc compared to a Nikon or Canon camera.

Lower re-sale value...etc

I think for $200, you can add a little more for a A60 (2MP). Official Retail is $499, however you should be able to get one for near $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.