advice needed for my trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheree

Aug 25, 2007
Yishun, Singapore
Hi, i will be going to switzerland next week. and would be visiting the jungfraujoch.

just want to ask if the cameras i'm bringing (olympus XA2, vivitar ultra wide & nikon d70) can withstand the high altitude at jungfraujoch? As this is my first time travelling to such place, I would appreciate some advice.

thank you!

Altitude usually doesn't pose much of a problem, since the camera isn't pressurised. The worry is the batteries losing their charge fast. So bring extra batteries and keep them warm in your pockets.

just want to ask if the cameras i'm bringing (olympus XA2, vivitar ultra wide & nikon d70) can withstand the high altitude at jungfraujoch? As this is my first time travelling to such place, I would appreciate some advice.

The manual of your camera states the environmental conditions in which the camera will work without problems.
The altitude will not be an issue, rather the temperature. Batteries lose charge in the cold and if you enter any building you'll have fogging on the lens. Be careful with that. Better keep the camera wrapped or in the bag when entering buildings and wait a few minutes till the cam has warmed up.

always keep camera inside clothing ,body warms the batt.

Have a nice trip ,come back with sui sui photos ,bye .

haha thanks.. & i hope so! my first time bringing my dslr overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.