Advice needed for Korea Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixd7604

Apr 7, 2004
Hi fellow clubsnappers

I need some advice for end Nov visit to Korea
Should be begining of winter.

First time shooting with canon s2 IS, digital.
Need advice for

1. What is the adaptors needed for charger (3pins?2pins,110volts? etc)
2. Cam electronics failure
3. CD rom burning service in Korea
4. Tripod necessory?
5. Any shooting tips etc

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thousand thank in advance.

For your non-dSLR cam, you really gotta bring a charger and charge it nightly. Most motels/hotels have the standard rounded 2-pin socket. 230V.... so no worries. (Anyway, your cam manufacturer's charger most probably is voltage auto-sensing).

I find a tripod is unncessary unless you intend to do a lot of serious landscape (then you'd not be using S2 IS anyway).

jus get a sturdy table-top tripod if de weight & bulk is ur main concern.:sweatsm: S1 IS is not a feather weight cam anyway!;)

Thank 2100 & sore-eyez for the good advice.
Really appreciate.

u r welcome!!:D

do hav at least a spare batt on hand. cool/cold weather will drain ur batts pretty fast. i personally hav not been anywhere near winter so i dunno how low temp will effect d batts.

reason 4 bringing a mini-tripod is 4 jus-in-case situations eg. night shots, self portraits.

Back already, just to caution fellow csers,
Korea is very strict on metal objects in hand carry luggage. Got nail clipper with 1" penknife confiscated.

Regarding batteries, the 1 to -3 degree i encountered cause the Canon s2IS to shutdown with low batts message. this also happens to my Fuji E550. A subsequent warmup inside the jacket revive the dead battery. Just a minute or 2 in the open air will cause the same problem.

Am very impress with the number of shots before actual low battery in the Canon, abt 400.
Using the Sanyo 2100, 2500 and fuji 2500 batteries in rotation. The quick drain of the 2500 is no concern as I use within 12 hours of full charge. Fuji seems to hold the charge very well for days.

The round 2 pins power socket takes the thinner 2 pins plugs with the battery chargers without need for any adaptors.

Will share some photos once arranged.

Thank for all fellow csers who shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.