Advice needed for a trip to Kenting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2003
Singapore
www.geocities.com
Hi All,

I ll be planning a trip to taiwan in early July free and easy.

Need some advice on how I should go about including a trip to Kenting National Park inside. Should I stay 1 night in Kenting itself, or just a day trip from Kaoshiung will do. Also, any hotels to recommend for Kenting and also Keelung?

Thanks in adv

daftone

Nov 1, 2008
depends. It is more like a beach park, if you like beaches then stay a night there.

Jan 10, 2009
Tin Hill
Hi All,

I ll be planning a trip to taiwan in early July free and easy.

Need some advice on how I should go about including a trip to Kenting National Park inside. Should I stay 1 night in Kenting itself, or just a day trip from Kaoshiung will do. Also, any hotels to recommend for Kenting and also Keelung?

Thanks in adv
You should factor in the high speed train - like Japan's Shinkansen - in your planning. Moving to various parts of Taiwan has become much easier because of the train.

It will be nice to stay at least a night in Kenting. Especially since it's 2.5h from kaohsiung: are you sure you want to spend 5 hours on a coach in one day? However, there are at least 4-5 buses per hour from Kaohsiung to Pingtung, so it's pretty accessible.

How to fit Kenting into the rest of your itinerary depends on where else you want to go, but as third3rdwheel pointed out, the THSR (shinkansen equivalent) is a huge improvement on moving around the west coast.

The Caesar Park hotels are pretty nice - Caesar Park Kenting, down near the main Kenting strip and beaches, and there's also Kenting House, which is located inside the national park. They run regular shuttles (10min ride) between the two hotels, so it's quite easy to get to the town area even if you're staying at Kenting House.

Caveat: I was there in low season, so I have no idea what the prices are like during peak. Also, the national park was closed then because they hadn't finished clearing up the earthquake aftermath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom