Advice Needed (first time going Taipei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuderia

Sep 7, 2006
Bt. Merah
This is my first time going to Taipei with my family and would really need some advice on the type of cam and lens to bring along for a 5 day trip. Will be going to places such as Yehliu, jinguashih, Jiu fen, nanya, Ji long and some other places around town. I have no idea type of photography to expect, I mite end up shooting everything!!!

I really want to capture the beauty of Taipei but at the same time won't want my family to suffer from me trailling behind trying to shoot this and that.
I have come up with few combos that I hope can cover my photography needs. I'm really not prepared for all this and I won't want to miss any photo opportunities. Can someone pls helpppp!!! Thanks alot

1: The whole D_ _ _ dry box!!!

2: 5D+17-40+24-105+580ex+vosonic VP8390+2X4gbCF+G7+2X4gbSD. All in Tamrac Adventure 9 :bigeyes:

3: 5D+24-105+580ex+2X4gbCF+4X2gbCF+G7+4X 4gb. All in Sling shot 200AW :sweat:

4: 30D+17-40+580ex+2X4gbCF+4X2gbCF. All in Toploader 70AW :think:

5: G7+4XSD

6: K800i :bsmilie:

I agree with TMC, leave the flash at home, and bring your 17-40 instead. If you want to take family shots with flash, can just use the G7.

Weather now in Taipei is really hot, so it's going to be a hassle walking around in the sun with all the equipment.

All the pin-liang mei mei are banned in Taipei, you wont find any there. :bsmilie:

I realised this only on the last day of my trip ... keep wondering why i dont see them... OT OT I know I know.. sorry :embrass:

I went to Taipei last year with the following:

1. D80
2. 18-135 kit lens (almost all my shot are with this lens)
3. tamron 90mm(least used)
4. light Manfrotto tripod (useful for landscape and self-portraits: my wife & me)
5. SB-600 (used on a number of occassion indoors and at night)

Some of the Taipei photos I took: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Scaglietti/Travel/Taipei%20- 6 Nov 2006/

BC

Wah!!! thanks for all the replies guys. Its greatly appreciated. Will have some thinking to do prior to the trip. Any tips on where to spend more time taking photos and where not to? Can anyone share your intinery, so if any of mine came across yours then I can take note.:sweatsm:

*Scaglietti: Nice photos..

Wah!!! thanks for all the replies guys. Its greatly appreciated. Will have some thinking to do prior to the trip. Any tips on where to spend more time taking photos and where not to? Can anyone share your intinery, so if any of mine came across yours then I can take note.:sweatsm:

*Scaglietti: Nice photos..

You could take their MRT to 'Dan Shui" which is something like our east coast and take some sunset shots.

And then when the sun goes down u can then take the MRT to ShiLing night mkt... just my 2 cents. ;)

Thanks alot FooFighter. Points noted... Anymore???? :kok:

This is my first time going to Taipei with my family and would really need some advice on the type of cam and lens to bring along for a 5 day trip. Will be going to places such as Yehliu, jinguashih, Jiu fen, nanya, Ji long and some other places around town. I have no idea type of photography to expect, I mite end up shooting everything!!!

I really want to capture the beauty of Taipei but at the same time won't want my family to suffer from me trailling behind trying to shoot this and that.
I have come up with few combos that I hope can cover my photography needs. I'm really not prepared for all this and I won't want to miss any photo opportunities. Can someone pls helpppp!!! Thanks alot

1: The whole D_ _ _ dry box!!!

2: 5D+17-40+24-105+580ex+vosonic VP8390+2X4gbCF+G7+2X4gbSD. All in Tamrac Adventure 9 :bigeyes:

3: 5D+24-105+580ex+2X4gbCF+4X2gbCF+G7+4X 4gb. All in Sling shot 200AW :sweat:

4: 30D+17-40+580ex+2X4gbCF+4X2gbCF. All in Toploader 70AW :think:

5: G7+4XSD

6: K800i :bsmilie:

hi, Scuderia. if you see any accomodation at nanya within walking distances to the rocks, please let me know. i'm planning the viability to shoot sunrise at nanya.

Hi Zoossh,

Sorry to disappoint you, but we have to skip nanya due to the bad weather. Very strong wind due to the coming typhoon. Encountered bad exprerience in Yehliu that's why have to skip those coastal areas. Maybe better luck next time. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.