Advice needed: Business trip to Batam

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi guys,

It's my first business trip to Batam. Heard quite alot of bad things like custom and police officers extorting $$$ from you if you are from Singaopore and is new to there. Care to shred some light and advice. Thanks. No offense to the ppl there. ;) I just worried about my safety. :)

DT_

Nov 4, 2005
been there a few times for business as well... it's like jetty > hotel > business > hotel rest > entertainment > drink > cheong > drink eat > hotel morn > business > ... might spend up to 3 days and so far nothing much 'spectaculate'.... hmm everything should be fine if you've someone familar with that place...

Rockshox

Mar 24, 2002
Bedroom
www.pbase.com
tokrot said:
Hi guys,

It's my first business trip to Batam. Heard quite alot of bad things like custom and police officers extorting $$$ from you if you are from Singaopore and is new to there. Care to shred some light and advice. Thanks. No offense to the ppl there. ;) I just worried about my safety. :)
I'm a expat here in Batam, and I find it Ok and safe, if you are not doing anything bad then you should be ok...been here for 10 yrs...
Don't get paranoid from those nasty things you hear. :thumbsup:

ruel

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Thanks Guys.. anything I should look out for? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom