Advice needed: Batteries problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sneezybum

Can I use non-Oly batteries for the Oly charger? If yes, which brand of batteries is the best, in terms of battery life?

www.imaging-resource.com has an article. seems that GP1800mAH batteries are not bad. You can get 2 for ~$9 at Mustafa. Elsewhere it's at least 50% more expensive.

Someone managed to get Sanyo 1700mAH batteries for $3 a piece at Alan Photo. If you can get them at this price, it's a great bargain.

Was told by Jonh3:16 that if you charge GP batteries with the Oly charger, it will get hot. But it won't explode.:D Don't worry be happy.:)

Anybody tried before with their oly charger? Just curious...

Originally posted by sneezybum

I tried GP and Sanyo batt wif my Casio BH-3HA charger b4...all no prob.

Originally posted by sneezybum

Tried what? I've charged Sanyo 1600mAH, Sony 1600mAH, Mitsubishi 1600mAH, GP 1300mAH, GP 1600mAH NiMH batteries with an Oly charger. No problems.

Thanks a lot. Which setting to set for in camera sharpening? Soft, normal, or hard?

I use Sanyo/GP/Olympus battery on my Olympus BU-200 charger.

I believe the Oly charger can charge any NiMH batteries cos there's an "intelligent" circuit built-in to prevent over charging.

Originally posted by Kevin
Was told by Jonh3:16 that if you charge GP batteries with the Oly charger, it will get hot. But it won't explode.:D Don't worry be happy.:)
Hi sneezybum, Oly charger can charge any brand. Can charge GP batteries also but it get a bit hotter than other brand and nothing to be alarm. Don't worry be happy!;)

Erm ... how about GP chargers ??? ... can they charge all brands of rechargable batteries ???

GP Charger for NiMH battery can charge all NiMH battery.

But GP NiCd Charger can only charge similar type of NiCd battery.

Just use Rayovac. Its worth it. The charger costs $79. It charges 1600maH batteries in 1hour. I charge my four sets of batteries in 4hours instead of 4 days. It charges any brand NimH and NiCad batteries. Rayovac batteries can be recharged 1000 times and has no memory problem. The Rayovac charger charges each battery separately. So I can put 4 different brand batteries together. Also I can put batteries with different charges. Once the battery is fully charged, its corresponding LED display will go off. With this charger you can go for a trip and not worry at all about power requirements. I can take shots everyday with my four sets of batteries. I just need an hour per set.

Forget GP. Forget Sony. Get Rayovac! Charges both AA, AAA and 9volt.

My Rayovac

i saw this brand in an us mag, but never seen it in s'pore. where can i buy it? how much are the Rayovac batteries? (AA)

Originally posted by itsmywill
i saw this brand in an us mag, but never seen it in s'pore. where can i buy it? how much are the Rayovac batteries? (AA)

There are tons of them batts + chargers in Carrefour, Suntec City. :D

if I am not wrong, the Rayonac charger comes with a transformer that looks like it weigh a ton. That was what put me off when I last saw it at carrefour before CNY. Imagine having to lug that thing along during a trip......even bigger than most laptop charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.