Advice needed: Batteries problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know how to discharge batteries? Want to fully discharge my batteries before I charge them

Is it bad for the recharger batteries if I off the power b4 they r fully charge and den continue to charge them again ( was changing power point ) ... I'm using the GP 16 hr charger ... I realised dat after switching the power off and charger it again ... I haveta start all over again and wait for another 16 hrs for the indicator to turn green ( indicating a full charge )

Originally posted by Simplicity
Is it bad for the recharger batteries if I off the power b4 they r fully charge and den continue to charge them again ( was changing power point ) ... I'm using the GP 16 hr charger ... I realised dat after switching the power off and charger it again ... I haveta start all over again and wait for another 16 hrs for the indicator to turn green ( indicating a full charge )

It's bad because your charger is timer-based. Everytime, you switch off the power, it will charge for 16 hours before turning green. The green color just means 16 hours, it doesn't mean anything about the charge status of the batteries.

An intelligent charger on the other hand would not have this problem. The built-in circuit will detect the level of charge and once full, charging will either stop or go to a trickle mode.

Originally posted by mpenza

It's bad because your charger is timer-based. Everytime, you switch off the power, it will charge for 16 hours before turning green. The green color just means 16 hours, it doesn't mean anything about the charge status of the batteries.

An intelligent charger on the other hand would not have this problem. The built-in circuit will detect the level of charge and once full, charging will either stop or go to a trickle mode.

Hmm ... always tot my GP charger was intelligent ... apparently it was printed there " Intelligent Safety Time " ... I convienently overlooked the word timer :eek:

Availablity of power points is really a daunting issue for me unfortunately ... the instructions stated I shld not use extension cords ... guess it's time to get one of those super duper chargers den huh~

Status
Not open for further replies.