Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
Hi, I am experiencing some problems with filezilla FTP 3.1.6

Does anyone have the same problem? I cant seem to upload to the designated server.

Are there any other recommended FTP Softwares?

Thanks!

coreftp's quite good too. and free.

Does anyone have the same problem? I cant seem to upload to the designated server.

it would be helpful if you could specify the problem a bit more. Also, if you suspect a bug then there is a bug-tracking list for all open source software.
What exactly is the problem? What is the error message? What settings have you used? What have you tried so far to solve the problem?

Cute FTP has been working quite good for me from xp to vista.

Ok. Thanks.

Oh. Thanks. I shall try it then.

it would be helpful if you could specify the problem a bit more. Also, if you suspect a bug then there is a bug-tracking list for all open source software.
What exactly is the problem? What is the error message? What settings have you used? What have you tried so far to solve the problem?

Difficulty in uploading. I tried to go to their forums but there is no available. Tried to google for troubleshooting but did not find any. Not a IT person. Trying to learn.

The connection just drops off each time. No error Msg.

Settings is 'Passive', recommended by Stock Photo Websites.

Thanks.

Are there any other recommended FTP Softwares?

Thanks!

Are you able to connect or totally cannot connect at all? You can use the site manage to add
the ftp site. The passive and active mode can be found at the Transfer Setting.

If worst come to worst, you can use IE. just use ftp:// instead of http://

Cheers

FileZilla has a log window. Check there about the messages that are created during connect. You'll see the connection attempts and what happens then. Maybe you can post the lines from last connection attempt here?
Also, verify that you use the right parameters (server address, port, transfer mode, user name / password).

Thanks. Trying out Core FTP now. So far no problems. Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

Are you able to connect or totally cannot connect at all? You can use the site manage to add
the ftp site. The passive and active mode can be found at the Transfer Setting.

If worst come to worst, you can use IE. just use ftp:// instead of http://

Cheers

Hi pfurr,

Can connect but files cannot upload. Will try again later and see how. Thanks for yr help.

FileZilla has a log window. Check there about the messages that are created during connect. You'll see the connection attempts and what happens then. Maybe you can post the lines from last connection attempt here?
Also, verify that you use the right parameters (server address, port, transfer mode, user name / password).

Thanks mate. Will try filezilla again and post the error message here. Appreciate yr help.

Status
Not open for further replies.