Advice for Rome/Florence trip.

SacredSoul

Nov 30, 2011
Gear is a very basic gear. D5100 with kit lens. Might bring a tripod along. Any places of interest I shouldnt miss? And I know some places will be nicer at night so if you got any inside information on which place, it'd be good:bsmilie:

Visited Rome and Florence last year.

Rome, we mostly visited the usual tourist spots : Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, etc..
Spent one day for Vatican city, and another one day for a day trip to see the ruins of Pompei....
You could consider a side trip from Florence to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Its quite near from Florence :)

Visited Rome and Florence last year.

Rome, we mostly visited the usual tourist spots : Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, etc..
Spent one day for Vatican city, and another one day for a day trip to see the ruins of Pompei....
You could consider a side trip from Florence to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Its quite near from Florence :)

Ah noted. Thank you. Its only going to be a 8 days trip so can try to squeeze in Pisa.

Gear is a very basic gear. D5100 with kit lens. Might bring a tripod along. Any places of interest I shouldnt miss? And I know some places will be nicer at night so if you got any inside information on which place, it'd be good:bsmilie:

Hello

I've started a thread sharing my experience in Rome/Florence/Venice, you could read it here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/travel-photography/805332-rome-florence-venice.html

I would definitely recommend to visit Venice if you have the time.

I've recreated the album in my Facebook, check it out LookingEyes Photography | Facebook

Drop me a liner if you need more info...

hv a great trip

Hello, I thought of asking a question here, since it's to Italy. I will be traveling there albeit in a tour group, but may I ask if there is a high risk of theft there? I am bringing my 60D, not the most expensive gear but still dear to me.

Hi AhKar

Theft/pick pocket are common in tourist area. Just be more alert and use your common sense, dont attract attention...and stay away from quiet places and side lanes.