Advice for Macro Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamPaul

Sep 5, 2007
Hi! As my current 100mm f/2.8 only allow up to 1:1 magnification. How can I make use of my current lens with additional accessories like close up filter or raynox..etc in order to go beyond 1:1, like 2:1 or 3:1? what about 100mm + 50mm reverse mount? 70-200mm with close up filter? 50mm + Raynox 250? Or any other suggestions for best results?

Last edited:
Any Advice?

Since you are using Canon, for best result for high magnification shots, you might want consider using MPE-65.

Since you are using Canon, for best result for high magnification shots, you might want consider using MPE-65.

Do I have to go very close as it's focal length is 65mm? what about if I'm adding only accessories to my current setup cos' want to avoid spending too much on it..

If you don't want to spend too much and don't mind the drop in IQ, the easiest way is to use a teleconvertor with your macro lens.

Example that i posted in another thread.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5562294&postcount=10

Wow...u call this IQ dropped?! I'm very happy if can take like this ...:thumbsup:
By the way, Can 700-200 f4 go with close up filter?

Wow...u call this IQ dropped?! I'm very happy if can take like this ...:thumbsup:
By the way, Can 700-200 f4 go with close up filter?

Your 100mm macro will able to capture better details. :)

You can reversed your 50mm to your 100mm to obtain 2:1, but focusing will be harder and need to go very near to the subject.

Of course the IQ of reversed lens is excellent as compared to close-up filter, Teleconvertor or extension tube.

Example of using reversed lens to achieve 4.2:1 using DX sensor
(uncropped image)
4013065261_27f2de0f47.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.