Advice for Holidaying Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most have spoken. Travel light cos you will be carring your gear everywhere you travel.

A zoom lens is ideal like 17-70 sigma cos you may not have a lot of time to change lenses or tour guide does not give you all the time for photography. Good to have fisheye lens if you are in caves where you may need 180 degrees of coverage or sigma 10-20. Anyhow I dun own any of these two. Guess most are scenic and historical places. Dun think got safari where you need 300 mm.

Bring additional battery and lots of sd cards, charge battery every night.

otc

So many sensible advices.. thanks :) Well, my wife suggests I can bring my DSLR there to "play", so I'm not going to say no to that. She'll be bringing a PnS also. Of course, she gives me *that* look when I mention buying a new lens... So it looks like I'll just bring the 18-55mm kit lens and the FA50.

A couple of other things:
Should I get a polarizing filter? Is it a necessity?
Thinking of getting a 2x teleconverter (would it go well with the FA50?) to cover telephoto needs if necessary. Good idea?

Do! Especially if you are doing landscapes in daytime.

The vivid blues and whites here, for example, could not have been shot without my CPL.

IMGP2265.jpg

So many sensible advices.. thanks :) Well, my wife suggests I can bring my DSLR there to "play", so I'm not going to say no to that. She'll be bringing a PnS also. Of course, she gives me *that* look when I mention buying a new lens... So it looks like I'll just bring the 18-55mm kit lens and the FA50.

Thinking of getting a 2x teleconverter (would it go well with the FA50?) to cover telephoto needs if necessary. Good idea?

Haha, take nice pictures of your wife while you're there, and she'll be quite happy to let you tote your DSLR around for future trips ;)

Polarizing filter is the best accessory to have, just a piece of glass, but makes a noticeable difference. Just need to know how to use it.

Teleconverter is probably not a good idea, as the cheap ones will degrade your image quality, and you may or may not find that acceptable. Good and expensive ones will cost as much as a lens, and since buying lenses is an issue.... Not to mention that it's more hassle than just changing lenses, and not all will work with non-tele lenses like the FA50. If you can buy a cheap teleconverter, you can probably get a cheap DA50-200, or one of the 70-300.

Status
Not open for further replies.