advice for gd investment in camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBR1000

Jul 2, 2009
Hi guys,

i am new to photography and am currently quite into it as i need to take pics for my Blogshop, http://clubtees.livejournal.com , thus thinking of a budget of ard 1000 camera. Any recomendations? also can give more advice on portraits

thx all

Hi! For starting an entry level camera will do just fine. Maybe if you want only 1 set of camera and lens you might want to look at Sony's DSLRs. The kit lens is very good and sharp compared to canon's kit lens.

If you only need it for taking pictures of such products, why not just get a LX3 or a G10, instead of spending more on something which has functions that you do not require?

Hi, Welcome to CS !!! :D

Get a higher end PnS like Cartman2000 mentioned. These 2 models by panasonic and canon are good enough already.

Wait DSLR... u may have other thing to get. As in more poison.... :p

If your are keen on a DSLR, the Nikon D5000 would be a good choice.

Hello...welcome.

Any entry level DSLR will be able to give you decent pictures when used within their limits. Just go to the shops to try them out to see which suits you better. You may want to consider a bridge/prosumer camera instead if you don't really need a DSLR as the cost will be lower and the picture quality will be better than those from a compact PnS.

Good investment? None of the dslr bodies are 'good' investment because the 2nd hand value always drops. Good lenses are better investment. Like that Canon 50mm 1.0 and 200mm F1.8.

Can't think of any 'good' investment cameras below 1000 at the moment. Maybe a 2nd hand Mamiya 7ii rangefinder if you cant find it. It won't drop much when you resell, but its a film, and medium format to boot.

For portraits, the most important is the lens. If you want best quality, always get a decent prime lens. Sigma 50mm 1.4 or Canon 85mm 1.8 for starters.

Good investment? None of the dslr bodies are 'good' investment because the 2nd hand value always drops. Good lenses are better investment. Like that Canon 50mm 1.0 and 200mm F1.8.

Can't think of any 'good' investment cameras below 1000 at the moment. Maybe a 2nd hand Mamiya 7ii rangefinder if you cant find it. It won't drop much when you resell, but its a film, and medium format to boot.

For portraits, the most important is the lens. If you want best quality, always get a decent prime lens. Sigma 50mm 1.4 or Canon 85mm 1.8 for starters.

Dude, TS is refering to capital invetment for his business. not camera as an investment tool. kinda clear isnt it? :D

TS, there are many DSLRs, prosumers in the market that deliver what u need.

thanks all.
I found my need in the camera world! haha. thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.