Advice for buying stuff online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanpp

Feb 25, 2010
I usually get my photographic needs from local shops. I just came across the online store by red dot photo. However, information on the website is scarce, and from what i gather, they probably don't have a physical retail store.

Has anyone here dealt with red dot photo before? Have they been around for long? Are they a reputable vendor? I just felt that some of their prices are slightly too good to be true.

Last edited:
I usually get my photographic needs from local shops. I just came across the online store by red dot photo. However, information on the website is scarce, and from what i gather, they probably don't have a physical retail store.

Has anyone here dealt with red dot photo before? Have they been around for long? Are they a reputable vendor? I just felt that some of their prices are slightly too good to be true.
Here. :)

Welcome to CS

If the on line vendor you mentioned red dot photo is the same as the one in CS Mass Order Section, it is safe to shop. And you can do COD

Thanks for the quick responses!

In addition, you can expand your purchase to amazon and ebay. For ebay, use paypal only. While amazon.com will require a consolidator cum shipper like Vpost. Amazon ships well, so electronics are fine but there will always a chance of dead on arrival which I have yet encounter.

For ebay, always check the rating of the seller and item the seller sells. The same item may have different prices depening on the currency published, so look carefully. BuyNow is my choice as it is fast and seller is normally merchant. For accessories, I only buy from 2 sellers.

Like ebay, amazon.com has many merchants and normal seller, so pick wisely and don't be to eager to get the cheapest. You can always leave instruction asking them to test the product prior shipping.

yup red dot photo is good...deal with them couple of times before...no problems. Don't be 'worried' with their good prices too...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.