Advice for Best Compact Camera

Jason Wong said:
I have the kit lens and the 25mm leica. Will consider that but its a little pricey.

Yea i paid $1466 for the 12mm f2....

sorry to highjack thread, but which compact will be the most value for money?

They all are. Depends on what you define as "value for money". To some, the RX1 is value for money because it's full frame.

It's very very very vague to talk about "value for money". Follow these steps:

1. DO NOT HIJACK THREADS.
2. DO NOT HIJACK THREADS.
3. DO NOT HIJACK THREADS.
4. Figure out your budget
5. Go to the shops and check/test the cameras that fit your budget. Figure out which you like best.
6. Go home, read reviews.
7. Buy the one you like.

It is funny sometimes to see people who say Sorry to do xxxxx before they do it... but yet do it anyway. Try not to hijack other people's thread. You can start your own.

As for value for money, it really depends of how each individual define value. If you can state more tangible requirements I am sure folks here can help you. And yes, please start your own thread to ask the question.

Thanks.

This is like asking: what is the best (value for money) DSLR out there? There is probably a lot of research involved and would end up with an answer differ from person to person. Thus... Go read up!

Hi Guys,

I want to ask what is the best compact camera out there. I had the 5D M2 but felt it is rather heavy and also that I realize I do not have the time to use it much. But I still very much like good quality pictures and will be getting a compact camera next. I would also prefer it to have good video image like the 5D M2. I know many are talking about the RX100. I am seriously considering that. Any other recommendations? Mirrorless or compact bodies? How do they compare with the RX100? Any inputs will be appreciated.

Buy a used Leica M8 with a couple of older versions Leica lenses or mixed with Zeiss ZM. You can have a small interchangeable setup with native mount lenses. However, is manual focus. If you want AF, I feel the Sony Nex is probably a good choice

Last edited:
Hey Rashkae,
sometimes I wonder if you work for Google advertising department. Haha.

haha

Maybe as a consultant to our MOE... and transform all our schools into google search station, since what these schools taught can be googled....