Advice - England and Scotland

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
Hi, I am planning a week holiday in England and Scotland. My main visiting cities will be London, York, Edinburgh, The Lake District, Liverpool, Bath and back to London.

Anyone has similar experience or any advice to give? Am I missing some interesting cities out that I should be there?

I think you can skip york, not much to see there. On the other hand, bath and the surrounding oxfordshire is wonderful.
The general advice in London is to take an umbrella.. LoL

Since you are in Scotland, why don't travel to Glasgow? Take a trip down to Manchester too.

You will be driving, sitting on coach or trains?
Different transport have different advices :D

A week and you want to go Lake District!??!

I had 4 days in Lake District and I am still missing out on a lot of places there... Forget about Lake District!

I backpack to UK in jan but Im not too sure about scotland as I didt went there before, only south wales and london, for london, go to the monument in the evening, the sunset is like WOW but before that go to the tower of london (go in the morning), it will give u a dollar off for the monument so is ard 19.50 pounds for TOL and 2 pounds for monument and I don see a need to go inside the london bridge but at night make sure u go there, 2 long exposure to noted, one on the bridge itself so u need a ultra wide and one beside the sea where couples dates and lots of japanese and korean girls ard, another long exposure there. Go to the St Paul cathedral, the interior is fancinating but no photography is allow so shoot discreetly, shoot the london eye in the evening but make sure u find a good spot, also to note is the buckingham palaces, go early and book a slot near the right gate(got 2, left and right) the changing of guards is amazing, especially the music they played .. South wales is definatly more fun to explored than scotland =)

I don't know about south wales either. But Edinburgh is quite a pleasant city, the people there are friendly. You should go to No 1 Sushi Bar at Home St, and send my regards to the waitress.. haha

Hi, I am planning a week holiday in England and Scotland. My main visiting cities will be London, York, Edinburgh, The Lake District, Liverpool, Bath and back to London.

Anyone has similar experience or any advice to give? Am I missing some interesting cities out that I should be there?

Wow , you planning to visit 7 cities in one week ?
Too much , too little time .
Reasons too many to quote all but here's some ,
London itself needs at least 3 days to appreciate it just a bit
Traveling time from London to Edinburgh smelly smelly 6 hours
Lake District is so big that you need to rent a car to fully appreciate and enjoy the place . And to rent a car 3 days den is economical
Liverpool is very boring ..I believe you are going to Anfield only ?
Bath is nice but also need at lest 1 day there and also can use it as a base to see Stonehenge area using the day tours

why not from heathrow airport then go to swansea or newport, it is just 2 hrs ride from the Nationa Express bus, swansea and newport is for people who like Greenary, scenary and plan to open a winery ~ The people in the countryside is much more friendier than people from town, u can take a stroll with strangers, a guiness in one hand and chat the whole morning with them and got invited into their houses for lunch perhaps, my personal experiences =D

1 week is definitely not enough. To enjoy Edinburgh and Lakes District you will need 3-4 days. Bath is a very beautiful city. You should try to stay there for a night and do a day tour to Stonehenge. York is nothing much really. Oxford and Cambridge will be worth a trip down! And yes, you do need to rent a car to get around in lake district to enjoy the vast scenery. Unless you can get a tour package at lake district to help you out. All the best and enjoy the trip!

With only a week, I would suggest spending it in London and Wales (or the Lake District in place of Wales). You will need at least two weeks with a car to cover the places you have in mind. Going to be expensive.

Have you thought of Cornwall?

1 week is definitely not enough. To enjoy Edinburgh and Lakes District you will need 3-4 days. Bath is a very beautiful city. You should try to stay there for a night and do a day tour to Stonehenge. York is nothing much really. Oxford and Cambridge will be worth a trip down! And yes, you do need to rent a car to get around in lake district to enjoy the vast scenery. Unless you can get a tour package at lake district to help you out. All the best and enjoy the trip!

One can spend a whole week chasing after Peter Rabbit.