Status
Not open for further replies.

arabpunk

Feb 15, 2007

FOSSIL.jpg

using canon400D

give some comments again. thanks

is this used for fossil?
if it is, it really looks like a wrong choice of model for me. much has been said about knowing the brand in one of the threads.

actually, the most basic thing about advertisement is, never let a customer tilt its head to view the product you are selling.

and u either show, or you totally dun show the model's face... as in sharp overall pic, or only product visible only.

product should be centre of attraction, unless the model is a famous star endorsing the product.

oh ok thanks...just snapping it for fun..u right abt the focusing on the object more

looks like someone wearing a fossil watch giving her a punch in the face, resulting the big black eye...
"NB~ smile what? *bish*"

your photo really does tell a story. great job

You already posted this before under the previous title, "Day at the Zoo", right?

yeah it seems that the title is wrong so i delete tat thread

errhh..her hand so white and she is not white..:confused:

look at a rebellious grown kid, screaming and yelping for better watch than the one he is wearing..:confused:

errhh.....a bit negative feeling...feel like punching him on the face leh..
grown up cannot make it...grumbly overgrown kid...need to be discplined..!

am i too harsh..?

errhh.....a bit negative feeling...feel like punching him on the face leh..
grown up cannot make it...grumbly overgrown kid...need to be discplined..!

am i too harsh..?

ya too harsh lor... how can you discriminate against intellectually disabled people. (pardon me, cos the image look like those whom i took care of previously)

that was my thoughts ..gave the customer that feeling lah.....not directly at the kid..:cry:

aiyoyo... hahahahaha....

poor classmate. :X

since when did my picture become the subject of discussion?! I used it to bring out a point!

LOTUSfairy, critque the threadstarter's pic!!!

oki oki.oops...i saw your pics and gave my 2-cent thoughts lor..:)

haha..wat a comment by u all here.

btw its jsut a pic i took for fun and i jsut wanna have some comments how can i take good advertising pics..

wat i tot here is ppl here would give em a professional remarks but sadly just a personnal opinion.

Btw again thanks. ;)

haha..wat a comment by u all here.

btw its jsut a pic i took for fun and i jsut wanna have some comments how can i take good advertising pics..

wat i tot here is ppl here would give em a professional remarks but sadly just a personnal opinion.

Btw again thanks. ;)

Ok. Advertising pictures.

What is advertising?
advertise |ˈadvərˌtīz|
verb [ trans. ]
describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance : a billboard advertising beer | many rugs are advertised as machine washable |

[ intrans. ] we had a chance to advertise on television.
• seek to fill (a vacancy) by putting a notice in a newspaper or other medium : for every job we advertise we get a hundred applicants | [ intrans. ] he advertised for dancers in the trade papers.
• make (a quality or fact) known : Meryl coughed briefly to advertise her presence.
• archaic notify (someone) of something : some prisoners advertised the French of this terrible danger.
DERIVATIVES advertiser noun

ORIGIN late Middle English : from Old French advertiss-, lengthened stem of advertir, from Latin advertere ‘turn toward’ (see advert 2 ).

Entry courtesy of the Oxford American Dictionaries. (Only Oxford for me!)

Firstly, what message does your product like to convey? In this retrospect, you must consider a certain number of factors, like target audience, their tastes, population demographics, etc.

Then, THE advertising shot ALSO depends on the type of marketing campaign it is presented in. For example: the BMW "Mini" campaign. Notice that the car is marketed as part of an ideal 'trend setter's lifestyle", thus the advertising shots on the Mini has to fulfill this criteria, depicting a 'trendsetter'''s mundane day and how she has to finish her day with the Mini. An advertising shot must contain the marketing message.

Usually, an advertising shot has to make use of clever lighting/shallow DoF to emphasize the product or subject. In other words, the photograph must make the product stand out. You have definitely fulfilled this criteria, BUT the image must fulfill the above conditions as well. Otherwise, it is just a shot of a watch.

that a comment i wanna seer...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.